Anyone ever hear of this protein powder?....

I just came across this on Vegan Essentials...do you guys know anything about it? and is it any good?

Thor’s Organic Raw Power Protein Superfood Blend

100% raw, vegan, and certified organic, this unique blend Superfoods composes a wide spectrum of nutrients that aid in workout recovery or are simply an excellent source of animal-free protein for supplementation. Brazil nut protein powder contains nearly 50% protein, a full spectrum of amino acids, high levels of selenium and is rich in dietary fiber. Hemp protein powder is a naturally complete protein, containing over 50% protein, branch chain amino acids, omega 3s and 6s, as well as healthy dietary fiber. Maca is an ancient Superfood that contains nearly 20 amino acids, essential minerals such as calcium, phosphorous, zinc, magnesium and iron, and also is rich in vitamins B1, B2, B12, C and E. It is said that Maca increases endurance by providing sustained energy, which can help you get through busy days and grueling workouts. Goji berry powder is a naturally concentrated extract of the world’s most nutrient-rich fruit. It contains 18 amino acids, essential minerals, antioxidants, and polysaccharides. Goji berry powder is also a natural secretogogue (a substance that stimulates the secretion of rejuvenative human growth hormone by the pituitary gland). Healthy growth hormone levels are a vital component of long-term strength and recovery. All these components provide one of the greatest vegan protein powders we’ve seen, so if you’re serious about increasing your strength and size this is one supplement you’ll want to try.

RawPowerProteinFinalLG.jpg

Michael, how does this compare to vega in your well informed opinion?

Both products have a lot of merit, in my opinion. It's probably a toss-up in so far as their individual nutritional profile--I'd say it all comes down to taste preferences. I actually haven't tried either product, but I do routinely combine the many items that these two powders contain on my own in a Vita-Mix. What I appreciate about Vega is the inclusion of chlorella, a marvelous super food that is both an immune system builder and scavenger for toxic substances in the body. Myself, I can't stand it in a protein shake blend, so I use it separately, blending a tablespoon with OJ.

I think it's very interesting that so many superfoods have been recently introduced into protein powders that it seems a BIG paradigm shift is on the horizon for protein supplementing. To me, just soy protein isolate (or much worse--whey) blended with synthetic vitamins and maltodextrin seem so anachronous now. But does the public at large really fathom just how beneficial foods like hemp, chlorella, maca, goji, brazil nut, flax etc. truly are? Ninety percent of the population probably hasn't even heard of the first four...and yet at least three supplements exist with most of these foods serving as the base ingredients (Ruth's hemp foods also carries a hemp/maca protein powder, one of them with flaxseed). It's all quite fascinating.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new here, I am going to look into this I have never tried it, but I am looking for a healthy alternative to whey/soy protein, I do not want to continue using soy as I know soy promotes estrogen production in the body. I am not that smart yet in BB but, I would think that in a male estrogen is something most men who are bodybuilding and want to get big don't want to much of, if anyone can help lead me in a better direction please let me know thanks.