Nitric oxide

xRogerx

I don't know if anyone has posted this before but I was wondering if anyone uses nitric oxide a a supplement. I'm trying to get a better pump when I lift and the dude at gnc keeps trying to talk me into it. He says its vegan and it appears to be when I read the ingredients. It is very expensive. Is it worth it?

I don't know if anyone has posted this before but I was wondering if anyone uses nitric oxide a a supplement. I'm trying to get a better pump when I lift and the dude at gnc keeps trying to talk me into it. He says its vegan and it appears to be when I read the ingredients. It is very expensive. Is it worth it?

Honest answer? No.

Pumps are pretty cool when they happen, but they are pretty meaningless in the big picture of gaining muscle mass. If your diet is good and you're able to focus on developing a mind-to-muscle connection, this is the perfect breeding ground for 'pumps' to happen. Save your money and spend it on some quality food ~ or if you're going to use it on supplements buy a vegan protein and creatine. You'll get much better results on that and maybe even save some $$ in the process. Just my 2c of course

i agree with MF, i personally think its dangerous in the long term.......some of the NO boosters have ridiculous amounts of caffeine and other chemicals you dont need in such large amounts. a friend of mine was taking "bsn's NO xplode" on a regular basis and started having major health issues which the doctors he saw said were due to the NO booster......plenty of carbs and staying hydrated are far more important in my opinion!

I have been taking NO in the gym, on the basis that "everyone else is doing it". I guess I didn't really look into the dangers. My brain is programmed to research "is it vegan?" and nothing else sometimes haha.

I might have to reconsider my preworkout drink after this jug is finished.

I have been taking NO in the gym, on the basis that "everyone else is doing it". I guess I didn't really look into the dangers. My brain is programmed to research "is it vegan?" and nothing else sometimes haha.

As a supplement, did you feel you got much benefit from taking it? Do you feel it's worth the money that you spent on it? In other words... if you hadn't read the replies in this thread would you buy it again

As a supplement, did you feel you got much benefit from taking it? Do you feel it's worth the money that you spent on it? In other words... if you hadn't read the replies in this thread would you buy it again

Personally, I would buy it again for sure. I mean, my opinion is not as valid as many others because I am still technically a beginner but I can feel myself able to push through those last few reps that I otherwise wouldn't be able to do, or add that extra 5-10lbs.

It could very well be a placebo effect, or just natural progression in the gym, but I feel much more focused, more powerful, and able to handle longer workouts with it.

• 3 weeks later...

While food, protein powder, multi, and creatine would be better investments...if you want to take NO, then...below are how I'd rank them (the ones I've used) based on price and effectiveness:

1. Universal Shock Therapy - this provided the biggest boost (energy and focus)

2. Jack3d - steady energy increase throughout workouts (didn't have the kick-in-the-butt start that #1 had)

3. Controlled Labs White Flood - tingly

4. BSN NO-Xplode

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...