Scientific studies - take with a grain of salt

Lets look at the study and science of nutrition. What is primary goal of the scientists studying the effects of soy proteins? do they REALLY have a burning desire to know what the effects are?? or is their primary goal the same as everyone elses? The goal to collect a paycheck at the end of the week and provide for their familes?? I know that's the primary goal for me to do my job from day to day, I don't get a huge self fulfillment from my job (although I do enjoy what I do)

How about those studies done by students at colleges and Universities?? The schools are usually provided funding by the government, and of course large corporations, who of course, want to fund projects and studies which show favorable results for the product they are selling, whether it be the mfg's of dairy based powders OR soy based powders. Would the heads of the school not desire results that will continue the funding to their schools and therefore continue their generous paycheques?

We as strength trainers read this information because we have a STRONG desire to know what's the best way to eat. What's the best way to train. How we're supposed to eat. I know I have an overpowering desire to know how I'm to make the best gains. The truth of the matter is, the only scientific study you can TRUELY trust, is the one you perform yourself, with your own motives being the criteria.

Good point Raw Ambition

It's also pretty frustrating weeding out fact from fiction in magazine articles.

Many of these "fitness magazines" are nothing more than a big advertisement.

Eating as natural as possible will always be the optimum don't you think?