eating til you burst

I do after i leave the vegan buffet thats like an hour from here but its worth the trip then i shop at the chinese market. I feel big after i get done eating 4 plates of food I usually have to plan and eat very little for breakfast before i go.

Yeah man, I was the king of stuffing myself when I lived in Arizona. I made a lot of money and aside from my immense bills, nearly all of it went to food. I charted every single thing for months. I was eating so much, I couldn't even force myself to chew food anymore.

Then I realized I was a little to extreme. I've been very extreme in many aspects of bodybuilding over the past 5 or 6 years. I still eat a lot, perhaps not quite enough, but don't quite stuff myself these days.

It is hard to afford to eat as much as I'd like, but in a few months I'll release my Vegan Fitness video and I think that will really help pay some of the food bills.

But cheers to eating! Good vegan food for all!

yeh I can barely afford to eat, but I make sure its real quality stuff....all the right amount of calories, carbs, and protein, and stuff like that I need for the day. no junkfood, or stuff I eat for flavor. I just eat what i need for energy and bulking up. I force myself to eat the things my body needs to grow. I wish I had lots of money to eat better, cause I would be huge!

Of course eating until you feel sick or can't put anymore in your mouth helps bulking up, but it's not very healthy i think.

Also, your stomach has to digest all this, which takes away a lot of power from the rest of the body!

Yeah, I think rather than stuffing all at once, spreading out consistent eating throughout the day. So I still eat a lot, but I never get that super full/sick/stuffed feeling, I just eat consistently every 2 hours and have decent sized meals each time, adding up to a good amount of total calories by the end of the day.

i eat consistent throughout the day. but there are certain times where I will be forced to skip a meal due to working or whatever, and I try to make up for it at night.

I always try to eat until I am almost full, so that way my body still craves food, and doesnt force me to go to sleep.

Yeah, I think rather than stuffing all at once, spreading out consistent eating throughout the day. So I still eat a lot, but I never get that super full/sick/stuffed feeling, I just eat consistently every 2 hours and have decent sized meals each time, adding up to a good amount of total calories by the end of the day.

I have my food spread out to 6 meals, but a lot of them are big meals. Pasta is the biggest of all. Speaking of Pasta, I almost had one of those moments again today haha and made me think of this thread.

WP,

Oh man, nothing beats VEGAN all you can eat buffets! I knew of one in Salt Lake City, Utah, when I lived there and it was great!

I need to find more of them!

Anyone know of any in places you've been?

Not just a regular restaurant with vegan options, but a vegan restuarant that has an all you can eat menu

Not just a regular restaurant with vegan options, but a vegan restuarant that has an all you can eat menu

Panda Veg, vegan chinese and japanese here in Richmond. All you can eat buffet every Friday, Saturday and Sunday!!!

Soups, white rice, fried rice, spring rolls, chick'n nuggets, mock general tsos chicken, braised tofu, mock beef and broccoli, mock chicken and mixed veg, donuts!, sushi and watermelon!!! That is the typical offering, sometimes the chef gets inspired and starts sending out tempura, mock duck and more exotic dishes. Love that place!!!!! You just about have to roll my stuffed self out the door!

Oh Man!!!! I would be a monster if I had places like that around me! I don't have any all you can eat vegan places, so when I do eat a ton, I spend a ton of money and then run low on funds for other things (although I think healthy food is the best investment you can make).

I have a t-shirt that I made that says Vegan Monster on it (not to sound like a mean, bad guy) but when I was at my heaviest and strongest, I thought it was cool to wear to the gym.

Eating there must have helped with the 1,000 pound leg presses you are putting up right?

If I'm ever out that way, I'll check it out.

I try to never eat so much at once that i get sick. But sometimes it happens, when it's too delicious...

I think it's unhealthy to overeat and takes away some of the health benefits of vegan food.

I know i have to bulk up, but i try to eat more often instead (which is easier with smaller meals) and eat more fat (oils, avocados, soy).

AND my favorite quote: "You don't grow muscles by eating, you grow 'em by training!"

• 2 weeks later...

I barely even got 1600 calories in me that day.

I am hungry all the time, so i never know when to stop eating.

I used to eat about 4,000-5,000 calories a day and like 6-8 "meals", and 300-400g protein daily throughout the day. now i barely get 2000 calories, 100g protein, a day. and i eat about 2 meals a day. being busy sucks. i cant wait to get back on a normal schedule.

the only thing that ever makes me puke is protein shakes. i just hate the feeling of having a heavy stomach. plsu they taste horrible. (cant wait to try out the new protein packet adamhealth sent me)

anytime i put a lot into my stomach i feel lethargic and sleeping.

I barely even got 1600 calories in me that day.

I am hungry all the time, so i never know when to stop eating.

I used to eat about 4,000-5,000 calories a day and like 6-8 "meals", and 300-400g protein daily throughout the day. now i barely get 2000 calories, 100g protein, a day. and i eat about 2 meals a day. being busy sucks. i cant wait to get back on a normal schedule.

the only thing that ever makes me puke is protein shakes. i just hate the feeling of having a heavy stomach. plsu they taste horrible. (cant wait to try out the new protein packet adamhealth sent me)

anytime i put a lot into my stomach i feel lethargic and sleeping.

Maybe try having half the shake before you eat something, then the other half afterwards? Might not be so sickening then