Where to find vegan-source A and D, and organic protein?

Hey-

Anyone know where to find a vegan source A and D supplement, or vegan foods that are high in A and D?

Also, looking for organic rice, soy, or other vegan protein powders available online- I've been using Jarrow Rice powder recently, but it is nonorganic-

Thanks,

JB

You don't need A, you get that from metabolizing beta-carotene in the liver. D you can get from the sun (combined with beta-carotene) or in pill form. Most vitamin D pills has animal vitamin D (D3) so beware of that.

The trick is to get the vegetable vitamin D and at the same time stay clear of vitamin A (overdosing A is not good for you). Vitamn D is much harder to overdose (allthough it's possible).

Vitamins A and D are fat soluble, so your body stores any excess rather than getting rid of it. It is easy to get too much of these vitamins by taking supplements. A especially. Alpha and Beta carotene (pro-vitamin A, which your body converts to vitamin A as needed, and thus there is no risk of overdosing) is found in many yellow and orange fruits and veggies.

As Offense mentioned, the best source of vitamin D is the sun. And it doesn't take a lot, since humans have evolved to efficiently produce vitamin D (which is actually a hormone) in response to sun exposure. Just 15 minutes of exposure most days of the week for 3/4 of the year is enough.

Mushrooms also contain vitamin D.

D2 (ergocalciferol), which is the vegan version of vitamin D, can be found in enriched foods, and in supplements you can get at www.veganessentials.com . D3 (cholicalciferol) is the non-vegan version of vitamin D. Think "D3 is not for me. D2 for me and you." (that helps me remember which is which!)