another newbie!

gnat

hey gang!

Just dropping in for an official hello. I've been lurking on this board for quite sometime, checking it out, seeing if everyone gets along and treats each other with respect. I hate boards where people are hateful and negative and I've learned my lesson about trying to have regular discussions in that kind of atmosphere. But this place seems great! I'm so happy I found it!

anyway, about me: I'm a thirtysomething woman, living in Seattle, tho I grew up in Boston. Only been vegan for six months so far, but it is already one of my proudest accomplishments. (I was veg for several years before that). I'm a writer by occupation, don't own a car, have a dog and two cats and I'm 100% true blue gay.

As I said, I'm very happy to have found a place of like-minded people and hope to make some friends here. You all seem like a great bunch!

Hello & Welcome!

This is a great board. Folks seem to get along well here, and to generally be positive, respectful and uplifting towards each other. Congratulations an becoming vegan!

"100% true blue gay"?!?! Whoa, now yer really freaking me out -I thought ya'll were all pink!

Welcome to the group!

I live near Portland visit Seattle every once in a while and will be making more frequent visits because of my job and new friends in the area. Great to have more NW people joining all the time

I'm glad you enjoy the welcoming aspect of this forum. That is one of the reasons I created it. I didn't always feel very welcome on other forums I was on so I tried to build a community based on friendliness and respect and all that other good stuff. Cool that is is being noticed

Great to have you hear and I hope you enjoy your time, learn new info, and meet cool people too.

All the best,