Amino acid

I’m not really sure. I just started seeing a personal trainer and she told me I should start taking an amino acid supplement. At the health store by my house they had some that were combos and then others that were individual amino acids. I asked her if I should get one of the complete ones or not and she said some of them needed to be taken together and that I could get them at apexfitness.com … but I’m pretty sure they don’t carry anything vegan.

She told you jsut an amino acid? There are a lot mate. L-Carnitine, L-Glutamine, etc. Not sure if there are any vegan ones, since I dont take any supplements besides Multivitamin. If you get the name of the amino acid, ill go look it up for you.

• 1 month later...

Solgar has a large variety of totally vegan amino supplements. But they can get expensive. If your trainer told you that and your trying to bulk up, the main one is Glutamine. It helps muscle recovery. Ornithine-Arginine supplements are also good for post workout. They help block free-radicals and replenish oxygen supplies after cardio. This is because a lot of marathon runners and cyclists get blurry vision. This stems from a lack of oxygen flow to the ocular nerve. So that's why Arg-Orn is a good choice. Carnitine works well to helps build muscle and burn fat. Taurine is good for energy. And if you get a cold, take Cystiene. It's the most common amino in Chicken Broth. It breaks up mucous, which is why chicken noodle soup is good for colds.

But the short answer is look to Solgar.

Solgar has a large variety of totally vegan amino supplements. But they can get expensive. If your trainer told you that and your trying to bulk up, the main one is Glutamine. It helps muscle recovery. Ornithine-Arginine supplements are also good for post workout. They help block free-radicals and replenish oxygen supplies after cardio. This is because a lot of marathon runners and cyclists get blurry vision. This stems from a lack of oxygen flow to the ocular nerve. So that's why Arg-Orn is a good choice. Carnitine works well to helps build muscle and burn fat. Taurine is good for energy. And if you get a cold, take Cystiene. It's the most common amino in Chicken Broth. It breaks up mucous, which is why chicken noodle soup is good for colds.

But the short answer is look to Solgar.

Wow you are really smart. Are you a Personal Trainer?