Shorter periods?

Has anyone experienced shorter periods after going vegan?

Mine got shorter, but I didn't think much about why until my gf today mentioned that her period was shorter this time around. She is in her fifth month of veganism. That's when I started to think that maybe my period shortening was because of my switch to veganism as well.

Has anyone else experienced this or heard of it happening to other vegans?

After turning 29 for more than 1 birthday I experienced this. 32 day cycles, 3 days and done, no complaints here!

Yeah, I thought it was just my getting older. I'm 33, and I thought that explained the shorter periods. I'm absolutely regular and my periods are 2-3 days. But Katrina is 28 and has, until recently, had quite long periods. The change for her is what made me start to think that maybe veganism played a role for both of us.

I went off birth control about the same time as vegan....so I'm not sure which caused it, but they are way shorter than they used to be! On the flip side, I NEVER used to get cramps, and I do sometimes now - and that sucks.

I have always had pretty horrible cramps with my period, and that hasn't changed. I just get them for a shorter period of time!

• 2 months later...

Mine have stayed the same for my whole life-(except for the one short time I tried the pill and it shortened it to around 3 days and I suffered immense pain) -7 days (which apparently is a good thing as the longer they are the less you egt over a lifetime and apparently you experience a better transition in menapouse!). I also take flaxseed oil daily which can lengthen the days, and I generally never experience any PMS.

• 1 month later...
I went off birth control about the same time as vegan....so I'm not sure which caused it, but they are way shorter than they used to be! On the flip side, I NEVER used to get cramps, and I do sometimes now - and that sucks.

That might be because you stopped the pill. I was prescribed the pill for my cramps. I still am on them but need to get off. Just don't know of a good alternative right now.