is there a vegan brand of creatine?

firstly i'm new to the forum and have just recently started working out intensely the past few months, i'm probably going to post here a lot since it seems to be a great place for information.

i know of the NOW creatine monohydrate but is it REALLY vegan?

https://secure9.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=vegane&BusType=BtoC&Count1=151241481&Count2=68381905&ProductID=1128&Target=products.asp

that produce description says it is, i'm not sure if i believe that or not though. anyone know if this is legit or not?

Welcome! I think most creatine is vegan these days. I know there are a few creatine threads already in the Supplements section and perhaps in the Nutrition section as well. So feel free to explore those and see what you can find there.

I have had issues with my stomach being upset when using creatine, so I don't use it anymore. I've only used it a few times ever, but I might give it a go again in the future. It just didn't work well with and I know others who have had problems with it before. Other people are able to digest it just fine.

Best of luck and feel free to introduce yourself in the Intros section.

i dont think you need creatine in the 1st place..... once you stop using you lose everything you worked hard to gain.... i dont see a point in using something that dissappears once you stop using it...... ya like robert said theres chances of stomach problems, dehydration and muscle cramps. remember all creatine does it put water into your muscles to make them appear "full" its not real muscle.... more or less ....... stick with eating healthy and do it right...stay away from the fake crap

i believe in a book, either "beyond brawn" or "further brawn" has a really good section on creatine use and how to bodybuild without all that fake crap ..... check your library they usually have copies you can borrow

Creatine occurs naturally in red meat, but only in tiny amounts in plants, so I think its a good supplement for vegetarians. There is also a study that indicated the brain functions better when you have a decent amount of creatine in the body. I've never had problems with it, but I also started really slow. I only used about 1 gram of it every other day for the first several months, and now after a couple of years of use I've built up to 5 grams a day 5 days a week.

Welcome! I think most creatine is vegan these days. I know there are a few creatine threads already in the Supplements section and perhaps in the Nutrition section as well. So feel free to explore those and see what you can find there.

I have had issues with my stomach being upset when using creatine, so I don't use it anymore. I've only used it a few times ever, but I might give it a go again in the future. It just didn't work well with and I know others who have had problems with it before. Other people are able to digest it just fine.

Best of luck and feel free to introduce yourself in the Intros section.

I've had issues with creatine myself, upset stomach and painful joints (elbows and knees)

i dont think you need creatine in the 1st place..... once you stop using you lose everything you worked hard to gain.... i dont see a point in using something that dissappears once you stop using it...... ya like robert said theres chances of stomach problems, dehydration and muscle cramps. remember all creatine does it put water into your muscles to make them appear "full" its not real muscle.... more or less ....... stick with eating healthy and do it right...stay away from the fake crap

i believe in a book, either "beyond brawn" or "further brawn" has a really good section on creatine use and how to bodybuild without all that fake crap ..... check your library they usually have copies you can borrow

Hi,

I generally agree with keeping it natural but am also interested in learning more about creatine. You raised one of the main points I've been wondering about - whether or not whatever gains/advantages you get from using creatine use will stay with you if you stop using it...

I'd appreciate hearing folks experiences with that. Also, I have heard that it helps you be stronger, not just bigger - is that accurate?

I have had REALLY bad experiences using creatine. Last time I used it, I actually got much stronger and visibly bigger, but ended up doing some damage to my back/Joints.

I know some people also develope terrible stretch marks from the stuff. Think about it, creatine will cause your body will retain water and bloat, the human skin only stretches so far so fast.

i used it religiously and i'll tell you right now..... you dont need it....its like steroids d00d........ you're essentially using a susbtance to enhance your performance which you could do safer and more efficiently naturally .... i know its not a drug or anything illegal but thats just the way i feel about it

o ya...and i got mad stretch marks cuz my muscles grew so fast and big and once you get stretch marks they dont really go away..... you can make them seem less visible and whatnot.. but basically once you get em you're stuck with them

How much were you guys taking Ravi and endcruelty? I think creatine can be a good thing if used the right way. I think someone who is just starting on it should use 1 gram every other day. Unfortunately on most containers they recommend a loading phase of at somewhere between 5 g and 25 g a day in the beginning. I think that is what causes a lot of problems

ya that may of been the problem..... you know when you're young and you wanna be like the guy on a magazine cover you wanna do just about anything ..... i believe i was taking 10g for 5 days then 1g for a month then quit for a week or 2 then did the process over again...... granted it works and all that but i'll stand my words when i say you dont really "need" it