Protein and calories

Eason

I've been on a raw vegan diet for a while and i find this the best for my cardio conditioning. I've been reling on hemp seeds for most of my calories and protein, but i notice it causes digestion problems to me. Even if i eat a little it causes problems. So what raw food can i eat to get like 100 grams of protein and alot of calories? Another problem i have is if i get alot of protein for seeds and nuts i get to much fat. Give me a list of foods with alot of protein in them

Beans cannot be and should not be consumed raw. When we would eat raw lentil pieces as kids our elders would scold us ..and tell us we'd have stomach problems. This is ancient knowledge.

One other way is soaking and sprouting the legumes / lentil items you want to eat without COOKING.

if cooked, they wouldn't fit in with a raw diet.

hmmm... that's a tough one

vega bars have 10grams of protein.

Raw Ambition (one of our group members) might know

If he doesn't respond to this thread, maybe pm him?

vega bars have 10grams of protein.

But they are hemp-based, so if hemp is the problem, that won't solve it.

The only RAW protein powders I am aware of are all hemp-based, or contain some hemp.

oops... forgot about the hemp thing

how do you go about making sprouts? don't you just soak seeds and nuts?

the reason i don't want to eat cooked foods is i want to keep my PH very high and if i eat cooked foods it lowers it

water and the right temperatures.

I remember my mom used to soak legumes/lentils in a big bowl and then tie them up into a wafer thin cloth. I could ask her for the exact thing if you cant find a procedure.

I dont know about seeds and nuts.. if they can sprout

• 2 weeks later...

Eason.

I have a four layered-plastic type pan at home that is perfect for creating sprouts. I just place the 'germ' inside the pan and pour water over it. I do this ca. 4-5 times a day for two -three days, and on the third or fourth day you have a slew of sprouts. They taste really good. I'm currently living in Europe and received it as a gift here. I do not know what the "layered-pot" is called. But do a google search. ANd check out the website below. It's a start.

Patrick

http://www.cityfarmer.org/sprout86.html