Hollaback!

Ravi

I've been vegetarian for about 20 years, tried being vegan (made it 2 years), but am now back to lacto-ovo-veg. Currently living in Seattle, WA and looking forward to hearing how other active like-minded folks can perform at the top of their game with a Vegan/Veg lifestyle.

I'm not a bodybuilder by any means, but enjoy lifting, and doing endurance events: biking, running, tris...its all good!

Learn more about me @ MySpace:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=22377098

Ravi

Welcome!

Thanks for joining the group. Cool to see another person from the Northwest.

Don't worry, not everyone here is a bodybuilder. We have athletes from all types of sports and non-athletes as well.

Thanks for finding us and explore the forum for lots of tips about vegan sports and nutrition.

First of all: Welcome aboard!

tried being vegan (made it 2 years)

I saw this statement not for the first time and really wonder, what is so hard being vegan? I really do not understand it!

agreed.... i really dont find any difference to be honest.... i admit price wise its a punch to my wallet but morally and health wise i think its well worth every penny

First of all: Welcome aboard!

tried being vegan (made it 2 years)

I saw this statement not for the first time and really wonder, what is so hard being vegan? I really do not understand it!

Well.......it is not about how it made me feel, or the ethicality of it....it was a family thing.

Ravi

If your family, friends and community are not supportive it can be very hard! I became vegan while involved with someone, and it has been very hard on him, and our relationship. He is not vegan, and doesn't "believe in it".

I have been excluded from get-togethers because there was a question of what to feed me.

Now, with that said, I am a stubborn Yankee so I never waiver , but that doesn't mean it isn't hard at times. That is why a community such as this is important. It's a safe haven where you can ask questions and get an answer that doesn't involve "...if you just ate meat, you would be able to (insert your personal challenge here)."