BLARGHOOO!!

The Mighty Haru

The Mighty Haru has arrived!!

My buddy Raw AMbition told me about this site a while back when I told him I was thinking about turning into a veghead.

I'm a Mixed Martial Artist who has been completely inactive for almost an entire year now (many injuries from training, and family that just doesn't understand the sport).

During this period of "inactiveness" the Mighty Haru gained a few poundages. 30 of them to be exact.

I went from 190lbs (that's what I weighed in at my last fight in April of 2005) to 220lbs as of September 2005!!! I started a new job in Sept 2005 and they have a gym there....so now there's no excuses right?

Started training on day one and blew my knee out on the treadmill. I guess my new weight was a little too much. Been training ever since Monday to Friday and now I'm down to 210lbs. The muscle is up....but the fat is up as well. I can't really do much cardio now that my knees, hip and ankle are all wonky. So that's why I'm here.......to help improve my diet!

I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to go 100% vegan but I would sure like to try. Gonna go and look around a bit and see what this place has to offer.

As of last week I have gone from the traditional 3 big meals and the odd snack, to 6 small healthy meals a day and one cheat day (ala Body-for-life style).

Sorry for the long post!!!!!!! I kinda jumped around a bit.

Anyhoo....gonna go find some of Raw Ambition's posts and "harass him a bit". See you all later...

Welcome to the group! It is great to see others who know some of our members. I've formed my own group of people I've met in person too, and it is quite cool. In fact I was hanging out with one of our forum members (loveliberate) today!

Excellent to see you here and I hope you have a great time. I can tell already that you are a fun person, and we like that around here

Have a great time and welcome aboard!

Thnx bud!

I just came back from the "vein contest" thread. You dudes are shredded! Looking forward to getting some tips from you guys.

Right now I'm hittin' the hay. Its was "leg day" today and tomorrow will be a loooong sore day if I don't rest properly.

I'll be back on tomorrow night !!

Thank you!!

So how come everyone else can post a massive pic but all I can do is a 6kb jobbie? (avatar) Do i need to post over a certain amount before being aloud to have a funky avatar?

The trick is, when you link the picture for your avatar, use the "Link to off-site Avatar:" option.

How in the world do you do that??

<---- Computer Dummy

I had to get the "Dummies guide to The Dummies Guide to Computers" Book

Where's the "ANY" key?!?!!?!?

You have to have the picture hosted on another website (but not something like Geocities or Angelfire, which don't allow remote linking). Photobucket or Imageshack work. Then in your profile, go down to the avatar area at the bottom, and put the URL of your remotely hosted image into the box that says "Link to off-site Avatar:"

Thank you!!

So how come everyone else can post a massive pic but all I can do is a 6kb jobbie? (avatar) Do i need to post over a certain amount before being aloud to have a funky avatar?

The trick is, when you link the picture for your avatar, use the "Link to off-site Avatar:" option.

Thnx dude!