Hi from Florida

dorothy

Hi my name is dorothy, I am from Miami, currently stuck in Cocoa. I have been a vegan for over 20 years. When I first became a vegan, it was so hard to find food, explain to people what was an animal product and what was vegan, not Veggie. NO I CAN'T JUST TAKE THE PEPPORINI OFF THE PIZZA, I won't eat the pizza period, it has cheese on it. Yes Cheese is an animal (call it cow pus). No I don't want some of your candy bar and yes that is meat it has milk and yes jello is too red meat, it is made from animal parts and pieces. Yes honey and processed sugar are animals, (bee spit and flitered thru cow bones) I like my natural surgar just fine, and the rush is greater. I LIKE WEEDS, you should try them. The best one ever was from Great Grandma (I miss you), "why are you so fat if you only eat veggies?" and the never ending ??? "what do you want for holiday dinners" Thank GOD for tofurky.

Thank you ROBERT for this fine group.

Welcome Dorothy,

Great to see you here! Networking with other vegans is great and I'm glad you made your way over to our group. We have a pretty nice group of supportive vegans here from all over the place. There are a handful of us from Florida as well, so maybe you'll be able to meet up with some people in your area.

Have fun and welcome aboard!

Ur funny dorothy. Welcome.

I gotta say I have the ultinate respec for vegans now, but to have been vegan 20 years ago when "vegan" food was only available in specialty stores and to a much lesser degree of variety - i gotta tell you that is beyond respectable and laudable. You are my freakin' hero.

It isnt even that hard to be vegan now and people STILL complain about how it is "sooo hard to be vegan." Give me a freakin break. It's not. You are just a selfish lazy *******. !!!!

I LIKE WEEDS, you should try them. The best one ever was from Great Grandma (I miss you), "why are you so fat if you only eat veggies?"

Welcome Dorothy!

I like weeds too!

Great Grandma, "why are you so fat if you only eat veggies?" That cracked me up!!

I LIKE WEEDS, you should try them. The best one ever was from Great Grandma (I miss you), "why are you so fat if you only eat veggies?"

Welcome Dorothy!

I like weeds too!

Great Grandma, "why are you so fat if you only eat veggies?" That cracked me up!!

Thank you ... been a 420 grower since I was 11 when my mom asked me what I was growing @age 13 I told her marajuanna she said sure, my cousin (6 years older than I) came down for a visit, mom asked him what is she growing? he said same thing. Always be truthful and you'll never be a hipocrate. Thank you for the welcome, I can tell this is a GREAT group.

hi dorothy,

i enjoyed reading your introduction. give my best to florida, won't you? have you ever been to disney world? i'm hoping to vacation there next year!

take care

g.

When you come here to Disney World you will be giving your best to Florida, your money and time. Be for you get here I recommend you read Carl Hiaasens' "TEAM RODENT How Disney Devours the World" it tells it like it is in florida. And no natives rarely go there. And we also avoid the sun. LOL

Hey, Dorothy. I grew up in one of the many really redneck parts of Florida (Okeechobee) and went to FSU for a while, although I eventually finished my undergrad and law school elsewhere. Haven't been back to Florida in a pretty long time, but may go back for my 20th high school reunion next year. I miss the beach a lot, but I miss the swamp even more. I guess I'm still a peckerwood at heart.

Welcome aboard!

My dad I think has been a vegan for 26years, and was veggie 10years prior,I'm not sure how it was for him, whether he thought was hard back then but now he says its not hard, there is always a substitute for everything just people don't wanna look.

My dad I think has been a vegan for 26years, and was veggie 10years prior,I'm not sure how it was for him, whether he thought was hard back then but now he says its not hard, there is always a substitute for everything just people don't wanna look.

That is really cool to hear about your dad. Did he raise you to be veggie or vegan or did you have to eat meat? My daughter and her b/f are always having discussions about what they are going to feed the kids when they have them. Since my daughter is vegan also and her b/f eats dead cows and such things. Does your dad get injections? That is the only thing I find hard now, I can't have injections and medications if I need them because of the gelitan and egg factors And welcome to you it looks like you joined 5 days after I did, so HI .

Hey and fanx u for welcoming me. My dad raised all three of us as veggies, and I'm so glad he did, people r always saying-'well I think that's cruel that ure mum n dad forced Vegetarianism onto all three of u'-it drives me n my sister maddddddddddddddddddddddddd so we always say back-'well it's just as cruel as ure mum and dad forced u to be a meat eater ain't it' and then they shut up-lol!

I'm not sure about whether he gets injections or not, I don't ever hear about him getting them so maybe not ahy!!!

I'm always talking to my bf about when we have kids what we guna do-well 2be honest I've made my mind up and I have told him-I'm raising my kids up as veggies too, my dad said we veggies till we 16 then it is up 2 us what we wanna eat but if u turn to meat u cannot eat it in my house which I think is totally fair, my brother much to our disssapointment turn to meat but me and my sister r still going strong-BUT Veganism has always been something in my mind, and lately I was thinking about being Vegan, well I eat no dairy through the week anyways just because of the healthy diet I eat, I just had a treat day on a Sunday which would include milk chocolate etc, but I have never drank milk or had on my cereal as my mum n dad brought us up on Soya Milk so it's not a big issue but anyways to cut a story short-lol I have now been Vegan for 6whole days and now on my treat days I'll have sommat else-sorry I blabbed on a bit there didn't I-lol, well I know for a fact I'm guna bring my kids up as Veggies but also give them soya milk and try and introduce Vegan chocolate and treats, I knew all this from the age I knew about kids! I'm guna be brought up the way I was, we always had a healthy meal, was always given fruit on the way home from school instead of a choccie bar or sweets-I find it so irritating the way mums n dad bring there kids up these days and the way they take there kids to Mcdonalds about twice a week, and I hate seeing babies in there, there too young in my mind to be eating all that fat! But that's just me and my healthy ways-lol, probably boring to other people but I want my kids to have a long life not cut short coz of all the fat and cholesterol from fatty foods and meat and I think my dad wanted the same! My dad is my hero in a way, what he eats I will eat because I know it is safe!

Have u ever heard of Dr Mcdougall? Well that is the diet I follow with my dad, it prob.a little extreme to others because it cuts out all oils and fats, because all u really need is the natural fats and oils from the foods we eat-his website is-www.drmcdougall.com

although I have read that this man has been caught out I restaurants eating meat on occassion-tut tut tut.

I'm not as strict as my dad, I do have my treat days, which will now be dark coccie and vegan ice cream-yay-lol, but my dad has the mcdougall treats which I have to admit r yummy!

Well I think I have blabbed on now a little too much-lol. Sorry to have bored u-lol! Take care.

• 2 months later...

Hello Dorothy,

Nice to hear from a Miamian. Yeah, I lived in Ft. Lauderdale for 10 years. At the moment I'm overseas and no matter where you go the same questions are asked over and over again.

Nice to have you a aboard.

Take Care--Patrick

P.S. Oh yes willpeavy, the waves are not bad in Cocoa. Beats Lake Atlantic down south, unless a swell from Africa comes along.

Patrick