Hello from Portland

davidtarrfoster

Oh that's right David!!!..............I did have a pretty sweet stache a while back. And as we discussed yesterday, Vegans DO get enough protein. It is the fact that 2/3 of America or more (nearly 200,000 in the US) get too much animal protein and it causes them all kinds of problems and costs them a lot of money to fix those problems over their lifetime.

Welcome to the group dude!

Train Hard and Eat Plenty.....yelp....Healthy Food Defines You

Oh THAT David!

Sorry...

being in the presence of such a great as "that guy with the olives on his plate during that one part of the potluck scene on the dvd - you know, the one who..." must have made me forgetful...

Just teasing!

It was cool to meet you yesterday David and it's good to see you here on the forums- I hope we'll be seeing you around again soon! And I am going to keep my eyes open for your appearance on Vegan Fitness - Built Naturally.

This is my first question on the forum, and I hope Robert can answer it.

Here's a question: Hair is made of protein, and vegans don't get enough protein because they don't eat meat, so how do vegans grow hair--or do you just go bald shortly after going vegan.

WELCOME

I have been VEGAN for over 20 years, my hair is down to the middle of my back. EVERY YEAR I cut my hair down to 1" with in that year it grows back to the middle of my back. I have done this my whole life, my hair has never grown as fast as it has since becoming vegan. The whole meat protein is FALSE !!! Meat protein is harder to digest (hard nasty stools) and veggie protein is more abundunt and easier to digest (fiber)

Very true - for example: Men who eat soy become increasingly effiminate and submissive, grow breasts, become sterile, and our testes shrivel up to the size of peas...

Since all vegans must eat soy to keep our hair lush and full, you can see the harsh reality we face David.

Edited by loveliberate

I think you and Dave will get along well I like the sarcasm

Let's do a Portland meet-up soon. loveliberate, davidtarrfoster, robert, Aaron, and others in the area. I already met a few vegans in my short visits up to Portland so we can get a good sized group soon. We're also expecting around 40 people for our next vegan potluck in Corvallis Sorry, I went a bit off topic. I should be talking about soy and breasts, two of my favorite things!! , .........and the soy is pretty good too.

Sarcasm?

What Sarcasm?

David MUST be warned of the dangers of veganism!

Besides risking baldness, breasts, sterility, etc - he must realize that irreparable damage has been done to at least one vegans sense of humor - I believe thats spelled "humour" for the weirdo's from the Commonwealth countries - and yes, I am referring to myself.

But I am fortunate - it can get far, FAR worse.

I've seen pictures of one long-time vegan that has been so horribly and completely damaged by the lack of flesh in his diet that he will actually slather some strange substance on his skin, wear nothing more than a hot pink beanie & a skimpy similarly colored thong, and then dance around for hours, roaring & grimacing at anyone who passes by!!!!

I kid you not!

That poor, poor man...

Edited by loveliberate