Hello From Sydney

sydneyvegan

Hello from the southern hemisphere....

I only just discovered this site, glad to see that there are so many vegans out there that are into weight training and so much good information...

Here is a bit about me...

I've been Vegan for 4 years (was vegetarian before that, until I saw the light), I'm currently training 5 days a week...

I'm 6'3 and 225 pounds at the moment, but I'd like to bulk out a little more, hoping to get to about 240... I can get bigger, but then I have to buy new clothes...

Chris

Welcome Chris!

Great to have you here. I know we have a few people from the Southern Hemisphere and we're always looking for more

I would love to be your size!

Best of luck with the bulking process and we look forward to hearing more from you. Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcome everyone...

Being fairly big to start off, isn't always an advantage...

Getting rid of body fat is my biggest challenge, so it's all about getting the balance right between, lifting big, eating enough and keeping the body fat at a reasonable level...

As far as I know you do not need so many clothes in downunder...

Hey it's getting cold here now, we are almost in winter.... it's getting as low as a chilly 10C

As far as I know you do not need so many clothes in downunder...

Hey it's getting cold here now, we are almost in winter.... it's getting as low as a chilly 10C

Yep, Sydney can be pretty cold at times - I lived there back in 2000.

Howdy Sydneyvegan.

I lived in Stanmore and North Bondi. You remeber that women killed by bees? That woz about three doors from me in Stanmore and I wondered what the f_#k woz goin on with the ambulances and TV crews.

You must know Bodhi... I miss that place. The oriental places too - forget what most of 'em are called, one near Pitt St Mall, I think another near Paddy's market too. I went to loads more veggie and vegan places I can't recall off the top of my head - got 'em scribbled down somewhere.

I trained mostly at Hiscoes Gym in Surrey Hills, but I went to a hell of a lot of gyms in Sydney. Again forget the names of most of 'em...

Do you mind me asking whereabouts you from in Sydney - I might know it? I did a fair bit of exploring, more than your average pom.

Hey,

I live in Annandale (so near Glebe and Camperdown), it's pretty laid back and not under the flightpath so it's a good area to live in...

I know Hiscoes, I work in Alexandria, so I train at the gym that is next door to my office, the day goes a lot quicker when you can disappear in the middle of the day...

Yeah there are some great Vegan places in Sydney, Bodhi as you said, plus a couple in China town, Sydney Vegetarian on Pitt St, 2 or 3 in Newton and Enmore, as well as a bunch of Macrobiotic Vegan cafes around the place... I don't tend to go hungry...

I lived in London for 2 years (Hammersmith), it was were I got the motivation to switch from being vegetarian to vegan... I saw a fair amount of the Uk whilst I was there, I cycled from Lands End to John O'Groats before I left plus a few other trips.

Chris

All those suburb names bring back memories.

I liked Glebe - quite alternative with a few vegan cafes if I remember right. The market is good too. Newtown and King Street is very electic. I'd forgot all about Enmore.... I trained at a gym in Newtown too - forget the name of it.

I remember the macriobiotic places - never went but always intended to. I think one was called Vita or something like that and near Centennial Park.

I've just remembered I used to go one of the oriental places on George Street - the Central Station end. Again, forget what it was called.

That's impressive cycling!

Yeah I enjoy living in the inner west, good food and shopping and everyone is pretty easy going and laid back... IMO it beats the Surry Hills, Darlinghurst, Paddington area anyway

There are 2 gyms in Newtown that I know of, Ultimate gym near the station (A bit too many roids for me) and Newtown gym on King st, which is much more laid back and tolerant...

There are quite a few macrobiotic places now, including a chain called IKU, where everything seems to be Vegan...

It was a good trip, I guess that hardest bits were through Devon and Cornwall and a couple of days in Scotland when it was sleeting and I had a headwind, I would do it again though...

Chris

Yeah I enjoy living in the inner west, good food and shopping and everyone is pretty easy going and laid back... IMO it beats the Surry Hills, Darlinghurst, Paddington area anyway

There are 2 gyms in Newtown that I know of, Ultimate gym near the station (A bit too many roids for me) and Newtown gym on King st, which is much more laid back and tolerant...

There are quite a few macrobiotic places now, including a chain called IKU, where everything seems to be Vegan...

It was a good trip, I guess that hardest bits were through Devon and Cornwall and a couple of days in Scotland when it was sleeting and I had a headwind, I would do it again though...

Chris

Yeah - Surry Hills, Darlinghurst, Paddington are is a bit too much up it's own arse.

I trained at both Ultimate Gym ( a bit like City Gym for the roiders ) and Newtown Gym - quite a bit at Newtown Gym.

I think I remember IKU now you mention them.