Mr. and Mrs. Smith

robert

Tonight I went to a movie theatre for the first time in about 2 years. I saw the movie Mr. and Mrs. Smith (I believe that is the name). It has Brad Pitt in it as well as the Laura Croft actress, not sure how to spell her name (Angelina Jolie?).

Anyway, I loved it! I rarely watch movies, especially out at a theatre, but it was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the movie.

Anyone else see it, or recommend any other movies?

I watch lots of movies, 3 to 5 a week usually, but mostly on DVD.

The best thing I've seen in a theater lately was Crash (not the David Cronenburg one), the worst was Revenge of the Sith. I am still pissed off at George Lucas for that one . I'm going to see Batman Begins this weekend and am pretty excited.

The best movie I've seen on DVD recently was Baadasssss! which was a movie by Mario Van Peebles about his dad's efforts to make one of the first independent black films. The Merchant of Venice was great, Al Pacino can do anything. On the more entertaining side of the scale, Blade Trinity and Iron Monkey were both pretty fun.

Ya I saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I liked it too. It wasn't my choice of movies but I was going with a group that wanted to see it and it had Angelina Jolie it so I was easily persuaded. It was good though.

• 1 month later...

I went to see Mr and Mrs Smith because I had nothing better to do, and it was much better than I thought it was going to be, it wasn't a total waste of my time, and I thought Pitt did a few good bits of comedy acting. Batman Begins was pretty fresh, although that girl from Dawson's Forehead or whatever shouldn't have been in it, her character was entirely pointless I felt, there didn't need to be a love-story to it, and she was incredibly under-explored and pathetic. Also the relationship between Batman and Qui Gon was not explored properly in my opinion, it wasn't deep enough for what they were trying to do. But the setting and effects and everything were lush. I loved Christian Bale and Silly-Ian Murphy, I think they both did astoundingly well.

Hey Richard,

I hardly ever go see movies but I do enjoy it. I liked Mr. and Mrs. Smith, still the only one in the theatre I've seen in about 2 years but I wanted to see Wedding Crashers too. My twin (Owen Wilson) is in it. (Some people tell me I look like him....must be the nose and the blonde hair, but I bet I could beat him in arm wrestling)

I'm house sitting and have cable TV and it is quite entertaining. I don't own a TV so I don't watch much, but some stuff is pretty funny! I've been in some small comedy movies and I perform stand-up comedy so I really like watching Comedy Central and shows like Saturday Night Live, and some of the new comedy shows they have. Man, there are some funny people out there!

A while ago I thought I'd try to make a living at comedy.......who knows, maybe someday I will Just gotta catch that big break!

Anyway, if you suggest some movies, I'll try to check them out. I'm hanging out more these days (usually I hang out just by myself and train, eat, and write (magazine articles, books, rap songs, website articles, forum posts, etc.) but I'm starting to get back out of my shell like i was when I was 18 or 19 years old and hang out more, so many more movies in the near future.

Later bro,

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Sknydpr,

Thought you might like this. This guy purchased a bootleged Chinese copy of Revenge of the Sith. The dialog had been translated into Chinese and then translated back into English for the subtitles. Many people consider this version to be any improvement over the original.

http://www.winterson.com.nyud.net:8090/2005/06/episode-iii-backstroke-of-west.html