Pea Protein Powder

I'm a vegan by diet right now, my only problem is I have been using whey protein. I'd like to substitute it with pea protein or something like it. What i'm wondering is how does the pea protein mix with fruit smoothies, is the taste neutral or anything? I bought some rice protein but I absolutely could not get past the taste of it. Veganism is something i'd really like to do, but i'm only 18 and have to buy the powder myself so I need something cheap. I'm into weightlifting so I need the powder for sure. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hey, welcome to the site! I'd suggest Vega (www.myvega.com) but it isn't real cheap.

You can get some good pea protein from www.veganessentials.com

It mixes well with fruit and smoothies and tastes good too. Pure Advantage I think is the name of one brand.

There are a bunch of options out there, but Vega and Pure Advantage are a couple I'd suggest. There is another one quite popular on here called Pure Trim. I think it is soy based, I'm not too sure.

Feel free to introduce yourself in the introductions section so we can give you a proper welcome!

I use the Pure Advantage pea protein sometimes (usually use Vega now, but that one takes some getting used to the taste, at least for me it did). It has a pretty neutral taste....

Just for you, I went to dip my finger in the container, to see what it tastes like by itself...pretty good, actually! A vanillla flavor (and no weird aftertaste, like their "Vegan Complete" can have).

I always find that if a protein powder has a bit of an odd taste, I can sometimes counteract it by mixing it in juice, or adding more fruit to the smoothie