hi from austria

mm

hi,

my name is michael and I live in vienna, austria. I've been vegan for roughly three months now and as of yet don't miss my old eating habits. My diet consisted mainly of dairy products, simply out of laziness, so switching to a plant-based diet probably has me eating the amount of vegetables and fruit I should have eaten anyway.

So far no problems, but until I discovered ground hemp- and flax-seed my diet didn't seem complete. Amazing what a difference a couple of grams of that stuff makes.

Also, my interest in veganism *was* primarily because of health benefits. But after three months of being vegan, and also after experiencing the benefits first-hand, I'm beginning to question the necessity of the dairy/meat industry and its cruelty. A vegetarian friend told me that it gives him a good feeling to know that no animal died for his diet... and he's right, to know that no animal gets harmed really gives me a sort of new-agey connectedness-with-the-planet-feeling.

Anyways, these are my first thoughts/experiences as a new vegan, I just wanted to say hello to this forum. It's really proven to be a great source of knowledge and I'm surprised about its quality, a big cheers to the moderators on my part!

thanks & bye,

michael

Welcome Michael!

Great to have you here. Thank you for the introduction. It looks like you are in the right place We have a really cool group of vegan athletes here who are all positive and supportive of one another.

Have fun exploring the forum and welcome aboard!

and he's right, to know that no animal gets harmed really gives me a sort of new-agey connectedness-with-the-planet-feeling.

I know other vegans who switched life style for health & eventually became animal adovcates.

Welcome mm!