Hey There

west2100

I'm so glad I found this website, sick of seeing people say that you've gotta eat tons of meat and whatnot to get fit. John Berardi, as knowledgable as the guy is, kinda knocks on the vegan lifestyle.

Anyway, I'm a 6'5" guy, weighing in at about 185-190 lbs, and I like to do cardio. I've got an aspiration to compete in biathlons/triathlons, and just a desire to be an all around fit guy. Don't really want to gain tons of muscle, just have great muscle tone and to look good. (Kind of a side effect, dissuade people from thinking that because you're vegan you're automatically super thin and anaemic.)

Again, very happy to have found the site, and hope to participate and learn from all of you.

Hello, welcome to the board.

I completed a couple of sprint triathlons last summer, great fun really. Notice I said "compLeted", not "competed" as I'm pretty slow. Good luck with your pursuits and let us know how it works out. Rob (founder of this site) will be featured in an upcoming documentary with Brendan Brazier(pro vegan triathlete) coming out later this year.

I have moved on to powerlifting and bodybuilding and gained 30 pounds since last summer's triathlons. Onward and Upward as I want to put on another 15-20 pounds this year.

Let us know how your training is progressing.

Welcome to the site! Great to have you here. My friend is a world class vegan triathlete, Brendan Brazier is his name.

Feel free to also check out his site www.brendanbrazier.com for more info about his training for that sport.

We have people here from a variety of athletic backgrounds, not just bodybuilding, so I'm sure you'll make a lot new friends. We have a great, supportive group.

Take care,

Robert

(Kind of a side effect, dissuade people from thinking that because you're vegan you're automatically super thin and anaemic.)

That's exactly where I am, too. Welcome aboard!

Yes yes! Hey Brendan, I had my scientists at the lab look into it with over-complicated equipment, and they say that you have a 68% likeness to Ashton Kutcher. Has this analysis been carried out before?

(Kind of a side effect, dissuade people from thinking that because you're vegan you're automatically super thin and anaemic.)

That's exactly where I am, too. Welcome aboard!

Yes yes! Hey Brendan, I had my scientists at the lab look into it with over-complicated equipment, and they say that you have a 68% likeness to Ashton Kutcher. Has this analysis been carried out before?

Hahaha. It's the hair. Damn hair. If I got it cut off, I project the calculation would yield something more around 2 percent.

By the way, I, too, had my scientists at the lab look into it with over-complicated equipment, and they say that you have a 99 percent likeness to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Although there were signs of a hero, 1 percent had to be deducted for lack of a half-shell. Turtle power!

Ok, I just laughed out loud at the turtle explanation and the turtle power statement.

Ok, I'm still laughing as I type this, need to wipe a small tear away.

To be honest, I too, thought you resembled Ashton a bit.............and it's not a bad thing, so don't take it that way......but I'm sure it's not the first time you heard that.

Speaking of this topic......for some reason (I guess you can check out a variety of my photos on the main site) a wide variety of people over the past 2 years have made comments on how I resemble Owen Wilson a bit. It must be the blonde hair the sharp nose? I don't know if it's good or bad, but that is the main celebrity people compare me too. The other one, was the Dell Computer Kid, before he got a DUI or something and lost his job saying, "Dude, you're gettin a Dell."

Turtle Power!

Speaking of this topic......for some reason (I guess you can check out a variety of my photos on the main site) a wide variety of people over the past 2 years have made comments on how I resemble Owen Wilson a bit. It must be the blonde hair the sharp nose?

Turtle Power!

The new boy at the lab, Dwayne (or Fingers as we call him) did some preliminary tests on your DNA and facial bone structure, and he says there is an overall 70% likeness between you and Owen Wilson. He says that the main Wilson-Zones on your face are your eyes and mouth and cheeks.

Welcome to the board West,

Good luck with your goals and keep us posted as to how it's coming. There are some pretty sharp people around here (not me, but others) who would love to help... if you need it.

Hahaha. Laughing It's the hair. Damn hair. If I got it cut off, I project the calculation would yield something more around 2 percent.

Nope, Brenden, I think it's the eyebrows. Shave them off and you'd have a totally different look!

BTW, when you quote somebody, how do you get there name added? When I do it all it says is "quote:" but when you do it, it says "West2100 wrote:" How do you do that? And while we're doing a little tutorial here, Brenden, did you upload that picture from you harddrive or from a url address?

Nope, Brenden, I think it's the eyebrows. Shave them off and you'd have a totally different look!

Hey, I just shaved my eyebrows off, and you're right, it's a totally different look. Thanks for the suggestion, buddy. I look pretty extraterrestrial. It's awesome!

BTW, when you quote somebody, how do you get there name added? When I do it all it says is "quote:" but when you do it, it says "West2100 wrote:" How do you do that? And while we're doing a little tutorial here, Brenden, did you upload that picture from you harddrive or from a url address?

I'm not sure how you're just getting the 'quote' with no label, but just make sure when you hit quote that the html tag has their name in quotes. For example (without the spacing): [ quote = " sirdle " ]. Oh, and I actually just yanked that picture from the unofficial Ashton Kutcher fan site and tried to pass it off as myself. Heh heh, just kidding - I uploaded it from my hard drive. Is that how you did yours?