April 1 - Starting Stats

Weight: 185

Chest: 38"

Arms: 14"

Waist: 38"

Hips: 43"

Thighs: 23.5"

Current Goals: Detoxification, weight loss, toning

Current Target: 170 lbs (by May 31st the earliest)

April 8 - Week One Review

Weight: 184 lbs (-1 lbs)

Chest: 37" (-1")

Arms: 13" (-1")

Waist: 37.75 (-.25")

Hips: 43.5 (+.5")

Thighs: 23.5" (no change)

Thanks JW.

The first thing I did was drop soda. No more soda for me.

I've also cut out refined sugars and stuff like that.

As for exercise, I've just been getting active again in general. I'll have my gym dues paid off soon, so I can return to doing some more hardcore work outs. Thanks again for the support.

Weight: 183.5 lbs (-.5 lbs)

Chest: 37" (no change)

Arms: 13" (no change)

Waist: 37.50 (-.25")

Hips: 44 (+.5")

Thighs: 23.5" (no change)

Week Two Positives:

+ I managed to drink six to eight glasses of water daily, with the exception of the occassional bottle of organic tea (three in total this week). I'm very proud of myself for doing this.

+ I did my 200 crunches five out of seven days this week.

+ I had a few moments of indulgence, but didn't let them stop me from doing what I've gotta do.

Week Three Goals:

* Lose water retained during week two.

* Continue drinking six to eight glasses of water daily.

* Remember to take my vitamins.

* Up crunches to 300 per day.

* Begin push-ups and dips.

* Walk at least 30 minutes, at least five days out of seven.

Oh wow, this is a really cool way to track progress! Awesome idea!

This would be a great idea for others to use too. If you wouldn't mind you should post the outline (you don't need to include stats) in the fitness section.

You can write something like "guide to track your body transformation progress" or something and share with others what your approach is.

I think it will really help motivate others and it will give people something to look forward to checking every single week to record progress.

Awesome Rae!

You're dsoing great! I too have cut out sodas and drink mainly water. It really helps cut down on sugars and calories.

Thank you. I didn't realize how much giving up soda would help with so many things. I'm less irritable & bloated, and more energetic. My skin's been clearing up a good deal, too. That stuff truly is poison!

Oh wow, this is a really cool way to track progress! Awesome idea!

This would be a great idea for others to use too. If you wouldn't mind you should post the outline (you don't need to include stats) in the fitness section.

You can write something like "guide to track your body transformation progress" or something and share with others what your approach is.

I think it will really help motivate others and it will give people something to look forward to checking every single week to record progress.

Awesome Rae!

Hey Robert, I took your advice and posted the outline. I hope it does help people. I know it helps me. The thing I like about it is that by keeping track of certain areas, I know where I should be working harder.

hey.. he he.. its no problem reading the stats of a puerto rican girl. hehe.. just kidding .

Keep rocking.

LOL! I most certainly will keep rockin'.

Weight: 183 lbs (-.5 lbs)

Chest: 37" (no change)

Arms: 12.75" (-.25")

Waist: 37.25 (-.25")

Hips: 43 (-1")

Thighs: 23" (-.5")

Week Three Positives:

+ Had quite a few decent self-image moments throughout the week.

+ Worked out every single day.

+ Managed to increase my workout near the middle of the week.

Week Four Goals:

→ Walk at least 30 minutes a day, at least five days. No excuses (except for severe back pain).

→ Begin some form of inner thigh and gluteal toning.

→ Increase crunches to 400.

→ Increase dips to 45.

→ Increase modified push-ups to 30.

→ TAKE VITAMINS! NO EXCUSES!

• 4 weeks later...

Six Week Totals

In the last six weeks, I've accomplished the following:

Weight: -2.5 lbs

Chest: -1.5"

Arms: -1.25"

Waist: -1.5"

Hips: -.25"

Thighs: -.75"

+ I've managed to eliminate about 98% of soft drinks.

+ I'm becoming more and more active again.

+ I've not given up on myself when I don't make the progress I'd like to make.

Penalties

- I've been very hard on myself.

- I haven't made the progress I want to make due to the medication I'm on.

Notes

I'm not happy with the numbers, but my clothes and photographs as of late speak for themselves. The little bit of change I've made has been showing. I just need to push myself a little harder now, especially because the medication I'm on effects my ability to lose weight.

The miserable weather we've been having lately has been aggravating my back and wrist injuries. That's just another challenge to work through [carefully]. Yoga has helped a great deal.

In The Next Six Weeks

* I will do 30 to 60 minutes of exercise every day, at least 5 days a week.

* I will try not punish myself emotionally for not looking the way other women do.

* I will keep a positive attitude and remember that any accomplishment, no matter how big or small, is worth celebrating.

* I will aim to lose at most 12 lbs and/or another inch at least off of my chest, waist, hips, thighs, and arms.

Mi Semana Séptima

Weight: -1.5 lbs

Chest: +.5"

Arms: -.5"

Waist: -.25"

Hips: -.25"

Thighs: -1.5"

+ Four days of exercise; much better than nothing.

+ Working on getting organized. Stress reduction will enable me to lose weight more effortlessly.

Penalties

- Constant back and leg pain from the terrible weather this week.

- Forgot to take vitamins regularly again!

Notes

Now that I'm close to hitting the 180 lbs mark, I just want to destress, detox, get organized and get on with it. Once I hit 180 lbs, that'll leave me with only 25 lbs till I meet Goal Two, which is 155 lbs. That will put me at a total loss of 70 lbs. I will have about 20 to 30 more to go after that, which will be set as Goal Three.

Plans for the Week

→ Focus on building my Control Journal; put aside "The Journaling Habit" for now. Organizing my space will help organize my schedule, making it nearly effortless to exercise.

→ For the love of bikinis, please remember your vitamins, nena!

→ Drink more water!!! Summer's going to be here soon and I have to get in the habit of keeping hydrated. Keep adding lemon or lime in my water; it makes it less boring to drink.

→ Keep exercising. Since the weather (and my back) have been acting up, it's alright if I exercise only three to four days.

→ Try to keep away from junk food on the weekdays, but do not over indulge on the weekends.

I had a really bad day yesterday self-image wise. Thankfully today, I'm about back to normal. I still feel crappy because I haven't done much exercise this week (unless you count moving furniture, going up and down stairs, cleaning, sweeping, dusting, and doing dishes every night).

I begin school tomorrow, which means there will be a change in my workout schedule. I'm really excited about classes, and I can't wait until I can help people again.

• 2 weeks later...

I fell off the ball big time.

After I started school three weeks ago, I just lost track of my diet and exercise little by little until I realized I felt like crap. Because the school I attend offers little to no veg-friendly foods, I usually bring in stuff to nuke.

Anyway, no choice left but to get back on and keep my balance as best as I can... because continuing to eat and function the way I do is totally not an option.

I will face one thing realistically -- I won't make enough progress to win the Spring Shape Up contest. So now it's just a contest between myself and I.

I fell off the ball big time.

After I started school three weeks ago, I just lost track of my diet and exercise little by little until I realized I felt like crap. Because the school I attend offers little to no veg-friendly foods, I usually bring in stuff to nuke.

Anyway, no choice left but to get back on and keep my balance as best as I can... because continuing to eat and function the way I do is totally not an option.

I will face one thing realistically -- I won't make enough progress to win the Spring Shape Up contest. So now it's just a contest between myself and I.

That is the only contest that matters

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know I'm a little late in posting about results. I actually have to head out soon, but I wanted to leave the before and after photo that I think inspires me the most. It's not a lot of difference between the two, but enough to make a difference in me.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/vegannoise/Bodywork/springshapeupresult_2.jpg

Now that I have set hours for school and studying, I can go back to focusing on improving my body.

Beginning Stats, April 1, 2006

Weight: 185 lbs.

Chest: 38"

Arms: 14"

Thighs: 23.5"

Finishing Stats, June 24, 2006

Weight: 192.5 lbs

Chest: 38.5"

Arms: 14.5"

Thighs: 24"

Pos/Neg

- I gained weight.

+ I gained muscle mass.

+ A lot of my clothes fit nicely.

+ It takes me less than five minutes, as opposed to the former 15 to 20 it used to take me, to catch my breath.

- I've had a lot of bad days, self-esteem wise.

+ I'm ready for the Summer Shape-Up Challenge.

Edited by teanyrican

I just saw this log for the first time, awesome, i love reading it. You have a great attitude towards it, and your method of keeping track of the progress and making a list of positives and goals is fantastic.

I'm sure you'll reach your goals that way!

(Just make sure you enjoy the road also. As Buddha put it: "There is no way to happiness. Happiness IS the way." )

Peace,

Daywalker

hey Rae,

hope you are doing well. Nice to see your post.

keep up your hard work, it will pay off!

Thanks.

I definitely will.

I just saw this log for the first time, awesome, i love reading it. You have a great attitude towards it, and your method of keeping track of the progress and making a list of positives and goals is fantastic.

I'm sure you'll reach your goals that way!

(Just make sure you enjoy the road also. As Buddha put it: "There is no way to happiness. Happiness IS the way." )

Peace,

Daywalker

I'm glad you enjoy it.

I plan on keeping it up to date more frequently this time around.

Thanks for the quote; it's very good advice.