Should I stay or should I go?...

Daywalker

... 'cos if I stay there will be troubllle, but if I go it will be doubllllle!

Erm, yes

The thing is this:

You guys here have me so motivated, that i thought on hitting the stage again this year.

Kadett8 posted a link to the German Natural BB Federation and they have the German Championship in October.

The problems are:

1. I wanted to bulk up until next spring, and then compete in the IFBB again. I need more mass to do that (successfully), and i fear a contest diet now could jeopardize my goals for next year.

2. The GNBF is crazy! They charge a 20€ fee when you join, then 40€ per year membership, and then 75€ as a competition fee!! As they only have this one competition per year, it means i'd pay 135€ only to be allowed to stand on their stage!! (Who pays my Pro-Tan then?)

3. I don't feel ready. I'm still recovering from my knee accident and feel my legs are too thin. That also means i'd be competing without expecting to win - or even without aiming at the first place! I've never done that before, i don't know if that's the right attitude.... ?

4. Actually i don't have the time for a contest preparation. I should work on my thesis beside other things... One has to set priorities... but what are they?

That were the contras, here are the pros:

- I'm motivated and i haven't been competing in a while.

- My off-season shape is not so far away from my competition shape, so no hard and long diet would be necessary.

- I would get a little experience for next year and have some fun in the meantime

- I can promote vegan bodybuilding there *grin*

- I'd support a small, but natural BB organisation.

So what do you think?

I know the decision is up to me... but what do you say?

Cheers,

Daywalker

DayWalker,

Are you currently a member of the IFBB?

See how you feel leading up to it. As I told you in an e-mail, I've also competed when I'm not quite 100% and it didn't bother me too much, I still really enjoyed being on stage, but obviously stress, money and other things are factors, so let us know how you decide.

I'll be competing Oct 15th, that is the plan right now. My Sept. 3rd contest got canceled, so I have an extra 6 weeks to get ready!

Best wishes mate,

Robert

Thanks Rob. It helps sharing what's on my mind

I wish you all the best for your preparation! If you need advice, i'm here But i think you know what you're doing

I think i'll continue to bulk until september and decide then...

The main downer really is the 135€... i still can't get it into my head. They must be crazy, lunatic, mad, out of their minds completely!

@kollision:

No, i'm no Pro!

I've been competing in the IFFB amateur competitions here in Germany. Now i saw that the GNBF was founded last year, as a natural BB Federation.

And today i met a guy at the gym who organizes an event called "Xtreme Man" - it's a competition, something like a crossing of strong man contest and triathlon... it's in september, maybe i could do that? *lol* I thought it's interesting because i'm not strong (and heavy) enough for real stronman contests and not fit enough for a triathlon But i'm a good allrounder

No, just kidding, i think i'll stay with BB for the moment

I like your humor man. It took me a day or two to find out if you were serious or joking about certain things, but now I think I have you figured out.

Yeah, man, rest it up, get bigger and stronger, save some money, focus on your thesis and come back next year bigger and better!

Feel free to share thoughts anytime and advice is always welcome for me!

I know I have many weak points, lots to work on, and as I get older I am becoming more and more open to suggestions and advice.

Take care buddy,

Rob Doggy Dogg