high protein high caloric foods?

Hey buddy,

I'm starting to eat this combination. I take a big bowl and dump in kidney beans, garbanzo beans, broccoli, spinach, carrots, green beans, peas, and you can add rice if you like too. Obviously you can add other things, dressings, olives, other veggies, other beans, etc.

It's really good, packed full of protein, tons of vitamins and minerals, and the calories add up well too.

I also eat nuts and nut butters for high protein/high calorie combinations.

Try eating some of those items I mentioned, gotta love the beans, broccoli and spinach! Those are some of my favorites!

Yeah, I was thinking Topher wanted a break from the tofu, so I gave that alternative without it.

I like mixing all kinds of veggies and beans together, and throwing other things in there too. Big meals are fun.

• 1 month later...
Hey buddy,

I'm starting to eat this combination. I take a big bowl and dump in kidney beans, garbanzo beans.....

did you know that garbanzo beans can cause sharp drops in insulin levels? it sucks because i love hummus, but garbanzo beans/chickpeas cause your blood sugar to do strange things. i've read numerous times that they can severely inhibit your energy levels.

You're getting sick of soy hotdogs?

I envy you! I can't afford them very often, around here they're quite expensive. I go for the natural tofu, that's the cheapest and i think the most healthy choice.

Robert already mentioned nuts and nutbutter. I love peanut butter! Great source of protein and energy!

What's more, soymilk, soy yoghurt, soy protein powder, these soy protein balls, apart from soy: wheat "meat", sprouts, lentils. And there are other protein powders around than soy.

EDIT: Forgot to mention grains. Oats and wheat have high protein percentage, but Quinoa and Amaranth are still better.

AND get used to the thought that you don't have to eat 2-3g of protein per kg of bodyweight per day to grow muscle