high caloric foods that are $cheap$

hey everyone,

so Ive been eating spaghetti and rice and things of that nature to help me bulk up. theyre cheap in price and have a lot of calories. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other foods high in calories to add to my diet.

???

thanks

I do that too, I add tofu as well in it. Some people would actually tell you to stay away from it since it is processed, but eh, I still like it Other foods high in calories are other carb sources like bread and such. Also the meatless products such as www.gardenburger.com (note not every food there is vegan, if it is it will say on the page of the product) are high in calories. I have tried hte meatless ribs and boy are they good! I also put pickles w/ honey mustard and put it in a bread.

Poptarts~ 400 empty calories in two of them. (and really cheap if you know where to shop) They're vegan if you get the ones without the icing on them. ( I tend to steer clear of them personally since I don't need the empty calories right now anyway)

Poptarts~ 400 empty calories in two of them. (and really cheap if you know where to shop) They're vegan if you get the ones without the icing on them. ( I tend to steer clear of them personally since I don't need the empty calories right now anyway)

But I am afraid pop-tarts are kinda counter productive since they will promote fatty weight gain and not lean muscle mass. Bulking does end up giving you both but if you can get there by eating clean then awesome!

There are plenty of cheap clean calories out there. Beans and rice is the standard of course. A peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat and a couple of glasses of soymilk. A box of taco shells and a can of refried beans.

Nature's burger mix from Fantastic Foods is only a couple of bucks and makes about 8 burgers as opposed to Boca Burgers or Gardenburgers at about a dollar each.

Bulk nuts can be pretty cheap with loads of calories.

Nature's burger mix from Fantastic Foods is only a couple of bucks and makes about 8 burgers as opposed to Boca Burgers or Gardenburgers at about a dollar each.

Where are you getting this mix? I want some, anywhere I can save money you know!!!

Fantastic Foods brand is available in any health food store and many groceries. Do you have Kroger stores there? A lot of them have health food sections and stock Fantastic Foods.

FF makes a great chili mix too, again only a couple of bucks. Add a can of diced tomatos and two cans of kidney beans and for 5 bucks you have two quarts of great tasting vegan chili!

They also have taco filling, tofu burger mix etc., check out www.fantasticfoods.com

They look like this:

http://www.fantasticfoods.com/products/images/veggie_chili.GIF

http://www.fantasticfoods.com/products/images/natures_burger.GIF

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...