Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Avatars and Images
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:59 am 
Site Admin

Hey, I hear that some people are having problems with this. Hopefully you can find all the information you'd like here. It is pretty simple so don't worry. If you're really stuck and don't know how to do it, don't worry, just e-mail me at heavymetalninja@gmail.com and I'll sort it out for you.

At the moment, you must link to an image which is hosted elsewhere. You can't just upload to this site, or upload an image from elsewhere, you must make sure you select to link to the image. This is simple to do, here are instructions to follow using tinypic.com, but you could use any image hosting company like photobucket or imageshack if you have a gallery there.

1) Go to http://www.tinypic.com

2) The first box on the right is labelled "File". Click the button to the right of this labelled "Browse..."

3) Look through your folders on your computer and find the image that you want to use as your avatar.

4) Once you've done that, you can ignore everything else and just click on "UPLOAD NOW!" at the bottom.

5) It will say "Uploading... Please wait"

6) Then you will be taken to a page with various different ways to use the image. You need to copy the bottom link which is labelled "Direct Link for Layouts". (This is done automatically by tinypic.com, all you need to do is click on the link, which will look like http://i32.tinypic.com/14vmupt.jpg)

7) Come back to the Vegan Bodybuilding forum, and go to your profile (the link to your profile is top left of the main forum page, or follow this link)

8 ) At the bottom of your profile editing page, the last option is "Link to off-site Avatar". All you need to do is then click in that box, and then Right-Click your mouse and select Paste from the menu. This will put the address of your image into that box.

9) Press the bold button Submit at the bottom of the page, and you are all done.

If you still have problems, please do not hesitate to contact me, and I will help you out:

heavymetalninja@gmail.com

Posting Images

Here are instructions to follow using tinypic.com, but you could use any image hosting company like photobucket or imageshack if you have a gallery there.

1) Go to http://www.tinypic.com

2) The first box on the right is labelled "File". Click the button to the right of this labelled "Browse..."

3) Look through your folders on your computer and find the image that you want to post.

4) Once you've done that, you can ignore everything else and just click on "UPLOAD NOW!" at the bottom.

5) It will say "Uploading... Please wait"

6) Then you will be taken to a page with various different ways to use the image. You need to copy the bottom link which is labelled "Direct Link for Layouts". (This is done automatically by tinypic.com, all you need to do is click on the link, which will look like http://i32.tinypic.com/14vmupt.jpg)

7) Come back to the Vegan Bodybuilding forum, and go to the topic that you want to post the image in.

8 ) Make a new post as usual, then once you are at the point where you'd like your image to appear, type out exactly:

[img]

alternatively, you can press the button at the top of the screen labelled "Img". This will automatically make the correct code [img] appear in your message.

9) Now Right-Click and select Paste from the menu. This will place your image address directly after the [img] code.

10) Now, directly after your image address, you must type:

[/img]

alternatively, you can press the "Img" button again at the top. This will automatically put in the correct code.

11) So you should end up with:

Code:
[img]http://i32.tinypic.com/14vmupt.jpg[/img]

12) Complete the rest of your message, and post it as normal. The image should appear in your message where you put this code.

If you still have problems, please do not hesitate to contact me, and I will help you out:

heavymetalninja@gmail.com

Last edited by Richard on Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:48 am 
Elephant

Can you do this with photobucket?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:56 am 
Elephant

Yes, photobucket will work just fine. Any image server where you can get the direct url to the pic will work.

I run a vegan food webstore and retail store chain in Finland. Please check http://www.vegetukku.fi for more information (sry, only in Finnish)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:53 pm 
Elephant

I can't seem to make it work.. :cry:
I'm a noob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:58 pm 
Site Admin

Marcina wrote:
I can't seem to make it work.. :cry:
I'm a noob

if you're having trouble, you can e-mail me the image and I will sort it out for you. Send it to heavymetalninja@gmail.com and I'll be on it like feet on carpet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:34 pm 
Stegosaurus

I like image avatars as it is nice to see what people look like.

However, it is sort of a nuisance when the avatars are really large. You get a lot of one line messages that take up half the screen between the avatar and the sig.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:29 pm 
Elephant

ya I keep trying to shrink it down but all I have for a picture program is Microsoft Picture It!
I hate Microsoft with a passion and this program never saves my picture properly. I wanna shove it up Bill Gates' pooter.

Post subject: Re: Avatars and Images
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:15 pm 
Manatee

check out http://imageshack.us
It has a nice option to resize images right on the front page

Photobucket has a resize feature too http://tutorials.photobucket.com/tutorial_130.html

Post subject: Re: Avatars and Images
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:47 pm 
Gorilla

Luckily for now mine works, but thanks for letting me know about this anyways.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:17 am 
Manatee

beforewisdom wrote:
I like image avatars as it is nice to see what people look like.

I agree!

Follow Me on Twitter!