Ultimate Fighter 3

just saw the most recent episode. sorry to see matt go. though his fight was a bit sluggish and sloppy, he did dominate most of it. too bad he is too injured to continue. all the animosity towards him from the rest of the house just boils down to jealousy of his talent. they are just mad that he is so good, when they figure his hearing should make him more vulnerable. that's my take on it. he can defend takedowns without using his hands for christ sake! ok.. he did show off a bit.

i was surprised that neither tait nor christian wanted to replace matt and get another chance to get into the finals. turned dana down flat. but ross just went up on my list of cool. stepped right up and said hell yeah i'll fight again. "i'm a fighter, i don't refuse a fight" makes me wanna root for him in the next fight. but we'll see how it turns out.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just saw the most recent episode. sorry to see matt go. though his fight was a bit sluggish and sloppy, he did dominate most of it. too bad he is too injured to continue. all the animosity towards him from the rest of the house just boils down to jealousy of his talent. they are just mad that he is so good, when they figure his hearing should make him more vulnerable. that's my take on it. he can defend takedowns without using his hands for christ sake! ok.. he did show off a bit.

i was surprised that neither tait nor christian wanted to replace matt and get another chance to get into the finals. turned dana down flat. but ross just went up on my list of cool. stepped right up and said hell yeah i'll fight again. "i'm a fighter, i don't refuse a fight" makes me wanna root for him in the next fight. but we'll see how it turns out.

He's fighting Bisping, who is ranked as one of the top fighters in Europe. Bisping is definitely the favorite to say the least.

I was pretty shocked at Tait and Christian turning down the fights.

I was also shocked at how good Kendall was. I thought Caleb was going to the finals for sure. I thought he'd win it in fact. I don't know if he broke ribs or not. I've cracked ribs a couple times and can't imagine getting kneed in them afterwards. Sneezing with craked ribs was bad enough.

I've cracked ribs a couple times and can't imagine getting kneed in them afterwards. Sneezing with craked ribs was bad enough.

i can second that. years ago a truck slammed into the side of our car. nobody was seriously hurt, but it messed up my ribs. they were not broken, just a slight fracture. any cough or sneeze and i was in serious pain. so if i recieved a kick or knee i know would be on the floor rolling around in pain. i can only imagine the pain Caleb was going thru. hats off to him just for trying to continue.

so the finals are set for tomorrow night. michael "the count" bisping vs. josh haynes, ed "short fuse" herman vs. kendall "spider" grove, and the main event kenny "the lethal elbow" florian vs. sam stout. any thoughts or predictions?

i like bisping in the light heavyweights. and i'd like to see kendall take it in the middleweight division, only because he is slightly less cocky than ed herman. they are both pretty cocky though. this fight is probably the one i am looking forward to the most as they seem to be a good pairing up.

i don't know much about sam stout, so i can't make any prediction there. i will say that kenny seem to have improved alot since his loss to diego sanchez. especially in his defeat of kit cope, who is a 4 time muay thai kickboxing champion and 2004 thailand bare knuckle champion. and kenny nearly broke his arm. so i am looking forward to see what he can do again.

I go with Bisping too. He's very quick and as a tkd guy, I like all the kicks. And his flying knee was night was awesome. Plus, I respect that Josh got here mostly on heart, but he doesn't have the skills.

Herman and Kendall should be a good fight. We haven't seen as much of them during the series as other fighters - they hardly showed them training at all. I was impressed when Kendall took out Kaleb. So I'm going to go with him. I don't think Herman's ground and pound is as effective as he thinks it is (not that it could EVER be).

Florian and Stout are both enigmas. Neither look overly dangerous, but I've seen them both win fights that I thought they had no hope of winning. I'll pick Florian, though, 'cuz he seems cooler and I think he's from Boston or the area.

I think Herman VS Kendall is going to be a pretty even match up. So i think it will be a great fight. In the end i think Ed Herman will take the win.

As far as Josh VS Bisping, to me it looks a little lopsided. I think Bisping will just tear through him no problem.

I was thinking about something. Pretty much no matter how good either of these fighters do, we will more than likely see each of them in the UFC. Only 2 of them can win the contract but we'll still see the losers again.

yeah i know some of them are fighting that same night, only in non broadcast fights. rory singer is fighting ross pointon, and jesse forbes is fighting matt hamill.

i wonder what ever happened to that guy who quit for his girlfriend, noah inhofer. just curious as to whether he is still with that girl or not, or if he is trying to continue his MMA career.

matt hamill looked a little bit faster with his punches. Did anyone hear the commentary from the announcers during that fight. Matt eating pbj sandwiches all day, they said matt says the protien is in the peanutbutter. what do you know a guy they call unbelievebly strong getting his protien from a vegan source. I know I know I saw eat carnivore too during the show. but it is good that he made that statement and they repeated it........ I think.

ed herman vs. kendal grove was such a good fight. it was a real nailbiter. so many submissions by both fighters, i thought it was over several times during the match. it was very close, but that rear naked choke that kendall gave herman gave him the win. how did herman not tap out of that?! i am glad kendall won it, though i thought it should have been a split decision.

the bisping vs. haynes fight went as expected. josh is all heart. and i knew no matter how ugly the submission was, josh would never tap out. bisping was gonna have to beat him to exhaustion to win, which is what he did. and did i hear right when josh said he wants to fight at 170? i wish him luck in the future.

kenny florian has improved so much over his last few fights. this was the most dominating i have ever seen him.

i was glad to see the bonus match with matt hammil. he looked very dominating over jesse, as was expected. i can see him becoming a dangerous force. can you imagine matt hammil with submission skills, and keeping his hands up more? he would be a monster! by the way, i also caught that peanut butter refrence.

great to see Randy Coutre go into the hall of fame. he certainly deserves it. and i was surprised to see Lil Evil say he is coming back to the UFC. i'd like to see him back in action.

[quote="ronnie kray

and i was surprised to see Lil Evil say he is coming back to the UFC. i'd like to see him back in action.

Little Evil is coming back??? Awesome. Too bad Dana White doesnt really want to build up the 155 lbers. So we wont see too much of him. I dont really understand why either. Id much rather see 2 155 lb fighter fight then 2 205 lbers fight. I mean personally im not even interested in the Arlovski vs Silvia 2 fight. I cant wait to see Otiz beat down Shamrock though.

yes Lil Evil is back in the UFC! i was excited when i saw him there as well. it was a complete surprise to me. he had an interview and commentary during last night's main event. from what i gather, apparently Dana White is bringing back and build up the 155 lb division. last nights main event between kennny florian and sam stout was fought in the 155 lb division. in the post fight interview kenny said he looks forward to competing against the best in the 155 division. so hopefully they will build it up again and have an official champion soon.

here is a post fight interview with kenny florian where he talks about his win and the new lightweight division.

yes Lil Evil is back in the UFC! i was excited when i saw him there as well. it was a complete surprise to me. he had an interview and commentary during last night's main event. from what i gather, apparently Dana White is bringing back and build up the 155 lb division. last nights main event between kennny florian and sam stout was fought in the 155 lb division. in the post fight interview kenny said he looks forward to competing against the best in the 155 division. so hopefully they will build it up again and have an official champion soon.

here is a post fight interview with kenny florian where he talks about his win and the new lightweight division.

I have to say that honestly excites me. I wonder what made Dana White change his mind. Anyways thats really awesome.