Hey there

bigjoey

joey,

I live in the Pittsburgh area and Powerlift and teach (used to) martial arts. we should hang out. welcome aboard.

~david

I actually live about an hour out of Pittsburgh. Have you heard of Indiana University of PA? I live around that area. Its just generally easier to say pittsburgh because everybody knows where that is. I may be going to Pitt in the fall for a Masters, so if I do I will definetely have to hang out.

Go Steelers!

Yeah, totally. I've been hoping for many months that more forum members will start getting together. I've had GREAT times with veggymeggy, vamprilla, Hero, loveliberate, VeganEssentials, andesuma, and others over the past year.

Let's get more people hanging out! I met some of wannalift's friends here in Eugene, and she said he was pretty cool. He was also one of the first guys ever to write to me when I started my website 4 years ago.

There are others in that area too I believe. Have fun!

Its cool to meet fellow Vegans in the area.

Welcome!

I echo the others when saying you're huge!

Could I just ask a few stats? What are your numbers in the big three, and how tall are you? Over on www.veganfitness.net, in the power and strength section there is a strength table, so if you post your numbers, I'll get them chalked up

Jonathan

Actually I haven’t done any flat bench or squats in some time now, my shoulder was nagging me on flat bench so I switched to incline press, and I stopped squatting because my leg development was where I wanted it. I put my workout in the link below, it has the weights and such. I do my benches and rows and deadlifts on a smith machine to help my joints. Its not a nornam smith machine, its a rotary smith machine, so its a lot hard then the normal, more like free weights just safer. Seems to be working well so far.

http://www.joeyreinard.com/Workout%20Program.doc

Hey dude, welcome to the site. I know what you mean about regretting not changing lifestyle sooner, it sucks to look back at myself at how ignorant I was really and how different I am now. But you live and learn or whatever booyah. Within mixed martial arts, which areas are you specialized in? Or is it MMA as a single technique?

Hey man, its nice meeting you. I guess there is no looking back, at least we are in the right now… now if only the general population could follow our lead then it would make life a lot easier!

The MMA I am learning is at a center where we have like multiple coaches that specialize in different disciplines. I basically learn wrestling, judo, jiu jitsu, boxing and kickboxing separately, and then we tie it all together in the ring for MMA fights. It gets kinda physical there, but we are all just doing it for sport, I am big into anti-violence outside of the training center.

Are you into MMA at all?

Kick ass man. I am into martial arts of basically any kind, I am fascinated. I haven't had any real training, and I can't really fight for shit. But I do stretching and practice various cool techniques just for fun, and I have a slam-man for beating hell out of. I would like to learn actual applied self-defense techniques to help out in a real dangerous situation. I mainly do what I do for the hell of it / fun of it. I am big anti-violence too, which many people find ironic given that I am so interested in it (martial arts, videogames, movies blah). Here's an example of my stupid-ass 'martial arts'. I guess the kicks I practice are tae kwon do inspired more than anything right now, although I like to practice some thai style push kicks and knees and elbows, they look awesome.

http://www.godfist.com/chrysander/ninja_sample1.jpg

Richard,

It looks like you are about to kick that woman directly into the building. It's like it is a freeze-frame from a movie and if I were to un-pause it she'd just go flying.

Not that I wish for that to happen, just looks like she's on the verge of being dealt wit.

I had the same problem with the shoulders...my cure was to only use a flat bar on decline and my monthly attempt at bench maxing...the rest of my chest workouts consisted of flat dumbell presses and dumbell incline presses(45degree bench). When I wanted to bench max I'd season in an easy bench day about 4 days before my max...then two days before I'd do a fairly heavy day(meaning I would do about 2 reps less per set from what I would rep out at)..I also rarely did lat pull which helped alot. I focused much more on bent over rows and really only did lat pull to warm up and impress little kids...oh and do dislocate my shoulder(I've dislocated 3 times on the machine)

Hey dude, welcome to the site. I know what you mean about regretting not changing lifestyle sooner, it sucks to look back at myself at how ignorant I was really and how different I am now. But you live and learn or whatever booyah. Within mixed martial arts, which areas are you specialized in? Or is it MMA as a single technique?

Hey man, its nice meeting you. I guess there is no looking back, at least we are in the right now… now if only the general population could follow our lead then it would make life a lot easier!

The MMA I am learning is at a center where we have like multiple coaches that specialize in different disciplines. I basically learn wrestling, judo, jiu jitsu, boxing and kickboxing separately, and then we tie it all together in the ring for MMA fights. It gets kinda physical there, but we are all just doing it for sport, I am big into anti-violence outside of the training center.

Are you into MMA at all?

Kick ass man. I am into martial arts of basically any kind, I am fascinated. I haven't had any real training, and I can't really fight for shit. But I do stretching and practice various cool techniques just for fun, and I have a slam-man for beating hell out of. I would like to learn actual applied self-defense techniques to help out in a real dangerous situation. I mainly do what I do for the hell of it / fun of it. I am big anti-violence too, which many people find ironic given that I am so interested in it (martial arts, videogames, movies blah). Here's an example of my stupid-ass 'martial arts'. I guess the kicks I practice are tae kwon do inspired more than anything right now, although I like to practice some thai style push kicks and knees and elbows, they look awesome.

http://www.godfist.com/chrysander/ninja_sample1.jpg

Man thats awesome! I checked your website too, you are awesome on the guitar. Your kicks are awesome, and its awesome that you have a ninja outfit. I play a lot of video games too, have you ever played Ninja Gaiden on the x-box? I have played all the Ninja Gaiden games for the classic nintendo as well.

Richard,

It looks like you are about to kick that woman directly into the building. It's like it is a freeze-frame from a movie and if I were to un-pause it she'd just go flying.

Not that I wish for that to happen, just looks like she's on the verge of being dealt wit.

Haha, I saw that too, and when you pointed that out it really cracked me up.

I had the same problem with the shoulders...my cure was to only use a flat bar on decline and my monthly attempt at bench maxing...the rest of my chest workouts consisted of flat dumbell presses and dumbell incline presses(45degree bench). When I wanted to bench max I'd season in an easy bench day about 4 days before my max...then two days before I'd do a fairly heavy day(meaning I would do about 2 reps less per set from what I would rep out at)..I also rarely did lat pull which helped alot. I focused much more on bent over rows and really only did lat pull to warm up and impress little kids...oh and do dislocate my shoulder(I've dislocated 3 times on the machine)

I tell ya, its not fun watching out for your shoulders!!! I can't believe that you dislocated it three times, that is nuts!!! I think I might start benching on the flat bench once a month, just to see if it will help improve my chest, but so far doing inclines and weighted dips are really producing some good gains in my chest.

I've actually dislocated a little over 10 times...maybe more but some were sublocations...some from lifting, one time lifting up my cousin and another time wrestling...its not so bad though since it hurt less everytime you do it, but then its more likely to happen again. The last one happened on the lat pull and that was my first dislocation after coming out of an almost 2 year athletic retirement...figured the rest would have strengthened it and it might have but obviously not enough...how do dumbells feel for you. I could only really do the bar on decline...other then maxing out everything was dumbells

I've actually dislocated a little over 10 times...maybe more but some were sublocations...some from lifting, one time lifting up my cousin and another time wrestling...its not so bad though since it hurt less everytime you do it, but then its more likely to happen again. The last one happened on the lat pull and that was my first dislocation after coming out of an almost 2 year athletic retirement...figured the rest would have strengthened it and it might have but obviously not enough...how do dumbells feel for you. I could only really do the bar on decline...other then maxing out everything was dumbells

Wow thats crazy. I read your myspace and I can see how your shoulders got so banged up, you are a beast in the gym. Very impressive lifts bro!

Thanks for your ninja and guitar complimentz! Thanks for examining the site

Shucks I haven't played Ninja Gaiden yet. I hear it's really good. I played Tenchu 3 on the PS2, but found the combat to be rather poor so I stopped playing it, the AI isn't very good either sadly. MGS3 was ace, and he is kind of a ninja. My main game is the Tekken series. I also really like Devil May Cry 3, Manhunt, the old Zelda games (new ones are getting a bit cheesy), Soul Calibur, Resident Evil 4 (the old ones are dry as hell but RE:4 kicks ass)... What other games are you into?

Shucks I haven't played Ninja Gaiden yet. I hear it's really good. I played Tenchu 3 on the PS2, but found the combat to be rather poor so I stopped playing it, the AI isn't very good either sadly. MGS3 was ace, and he is kind of a ninja. My main game is the Tekken series. I also really like Devil May Cry 3, Manhunt, the old Zelda games (new ones are getting a bit cheesy), Soul Calibur, Resident Evil 4 (the old ones are dry as hell but RE:4 kicks ass)... What other games are you into?

I love Dead to Rights for X-Box, My favorite game.

My second Favorite game is The legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for N64. I have been playing the zelda series since the first one. I stopped after I beat Majora Mask though, they did seem to get a bit cheesy. I think Gannon is cool, I guess I always liked the bad guys, go figure.

Check this out http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs8/i/2005/324/3/b/Ganondorf_by_jaseybiggs.jpg

I love Ninja Gaidens too, I have beat them all from the first one on the classic nintend to the newest on the x-box. Great stuff.

I also love Mario Brothers, I think Mario is a pimp. Luigi too. My girlfriend like Yoshi. LOL.

Halo is another great game, I can't wait for the third one to come out. Okay I bet we have everybody in the forums calling us geeks by now.

I love Dead to Rights for X-Box, My favorite game.

My second Favorite game is The legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for N64. I have been playing the zelda series since the first one. I stopped after I beat Majora Mask though, they did seem to get a bit cheesy. I think Gannon is cool, I guess I always liked the bad guys, go figure.

Check this out http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs8/i/2005/324/3/b/Ganondorf_by_jaseybiggs.jpg

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs8/i/2005/324/3/b/Ganondorf_by_jaseybiggs.jpg

I love Ninja Gaidens too, I have beat them all from the first one on the classic nintend to the newest on the x-box. Great stuff.

I also love Mario Brothers, I think Mario is a pimp. Luigi too. My girlfriend like Yoshi. LOL.

Halo is another great game, I can't wait for the third one to come out. Okay I bet we have everybody in the forums calling us geeks by now.

Pwhuh, I think there are a few others interested in videogames on here.

Yeah I used to play Halo 1, and I played Halo 2 a bit, but prefered the combat in the 1st game. The weapons in Halo 2 seemed very short range and inaccurate? But maybe I just didn't play it long enough. I will be interested to see what they do with number 3.

Yeah, I love the mario brothers games. I was a little disappointed with Mario Sunshine, I don't think he should had a new gimmick like that throughout the game. It would have been cool as a powerup from a box, like the caps in Mario 64, but I think it kind of made it unlike a mario game with the backpack constantly, it changed teh dynamic of the game considerably, which can be a good thing, but I think took away from the essence in this case.

Yep yep, I thought Ocarina rocked hard, it was my favourite zelda game. Majora's mask I had a look at, but for some reason I dunno, it just didn't do it for me, it seemed tired and worn out, just not as alive as ocarina. Then wind waker... I dunno how many times they can just do the same things, 'duh there's a little metal ring up there, I guess I'll need to come back with the hookshot which I will inevitably get after a few more dungeons...' etc. And I don't like the way that when you smack enemies in windwaker, you get the musical note sound like 'dunah! Dunah! DUNAH!' as you whup them, I think it's lame. I prefer it like in ocarina where you get proper beatingz noises, that's how it should be. The new zelda game looks set to irritate me again, with Link getting the power to turn into a wolf? WTF! Not that i've played it, so it's too soon to judge, but ah, looks like they are headed in the wrong direction imo. They should give him new gadgets, new weapons, but keep him as Link, and make new long interesting dungeons with cool boss battles and interesting puzzles, with a large area to explore and lots of things to collect anc characters to interact with, they are the main things I think they should concentrate on, and perhaps they have!

BOolah, that image you linked to, it says I am forbiden to access it!