Howdy

Mavric

Hi everyone. My wife, texanyogi, has already given a little background on us. Like she posted, we became vegan in December of last year, and haven't looked back.

Yes, I am a cop. I've been a police officer for eight years, so being in shape is definately important, not only for my personal health, but for safety on my job.

I have had a difficult year with my workouts. I am coming back from shoulder surgery last year. I tore all the cartilage in my left shoulder, and ruptured my biceps tendon during a martial arts class. It sucked, but if you are gonna learn then u have to train hard. Now, I have titanium hooks holding all the cartilage down in my shoulder. I went through four months of rehab, starting with 1/2 lb dumbell curls. I am now up to 25 lbs, and gettin stronger. My shoulder was in a sling for 4 months, so i basically shriveled up to nothing. Now, its time for me to put the weight back on.

I have some workout questions, but i will post in another area.

My wife and I are excited about being part of this website, and look forward to talking to all of yall.

I'm jealous...my shoulder just seems to temporarily hold my arm in place...big reason why I'm gonna wait a long time before I lift again

Thanks for joining our site! I hope you have a great time on here. We have a really great, supportive vegan community, and we have a lot of fun too!

I'm at a library so my minutes are running out but I'm sure we'll be hearing more from one another.

All the best and welcome aboard!