best lift on bench machine

hey ya'll I know machines dont mean much compared to free weights, but I am so excited so I just had to post.

I pumped out 4 reps of 335lbs on the inclined bench machine at my college. I never thought I would be able to push that much weight.

With this pinched radial nerve, a broken thumb, and weak wrists (broken my wrists and hands soooo many times) I havent had a chance to do freeweights much. I am gonna start em up again, so hopefully one day I will be able to lift heavy numbers like I do on the machines.

That is awesome man! Keep moving the heavy weights! I was out of town for a couple of days but I got in a few minutes ago.

I used to train on those bench machines a lot. It was fun to put in the pin for weights around 300 pounds and be able to move it.

With all of your hand and wrist problems you currently have and past injuries, I'm impressed you can move so much weight!

Keep Rockin!

aww thanks guys. yeh my injuries are always a setback, but I am going to work through and overcome them. to prove to myself and others that I can be strong if I set my mind to it.

strong mind....strong body. I want my outside to match my inside.

wow your bench is at 445?!

I hope one day to be able to move that kind of weight. I am at a point where I cant really strengthen my wrists cause of all the problems Ive had with em. but cause of the weight I am moving I need to have stronger hands.

does anyone have any exercises I can do to strengthen wrists and forearms?

In understand bro, the wrist messes up for me a lot too. When benching sometimes my hand turns perpendicular to my wrist. I need to do fore arm exercises too but I guess I like hitting to hte big stuff (whihc will result in injury sooner or later). One exercise you can do is forearm curls. Get a barbell and either hold it with palms up (supinated) or palms down (pronated) and curl the wrists.

My bench is 445 and tomorrow I am going to try 475 G-d Willing.

My bench is 445 and tomorrow I am going to try 475 G-d Willing.

Holy s@#%! Kollision. Dude, that is heavy. Any way somebody could snap a pic of you doing that lift? That would be awesome.

Now that you mention it, Ill try and have someone do it on my camera phone, wont be the best quality though

I chat with Kollision on the veganbodybuilding.com chatroom every once in a while, and he is seriously strong. We're talking crazy strong, like moves as much or more weight that IFBB Pro Bodybuilders who have been training for 15 years and are juiced up on anabolic drugs.

I'd love to see the photos too!

okay so since I finally have a lifting partner, I switched over to regular benching without the machines since someone could spot me.

I warmed up with 20 reps of 135lbs.

the heaviest I got to today...I was able to pump out 235lbs X 6 reps on regular bench. I know I can do a lot more. and I will try next week to go for 265lbs.

and on decline press with dumbells today... I did 100lb dumbells X 4 reps

I chat with Kollision on the veganbodybuilding.com chatroom every once in a while, and he is seriously strong. We're talking crazy strong, like moves as much or more weight that IFBB Pro Bodybuilders who have been training for 15 years and are juiced up on anabolic drugs.

I'd love to see the photos too!

Thanks for that mate. Id like to take photos too but the thing is I get spotted by two people (one on each side) and I cant find any one to snap the pics for me. Im generally shy and I dont really approach people if not necessary. There was one guy I was going to ask (a friend of my friend that spots) but he wasnt there. Tomorrow I am going to try 475 aqnd hopefully he is there so he can take a multi snap pic on my phone. Thanks for the kind words once again

okay so since I finally have a lifting partner, I switched over to regular benching without the machines since someone could spot me.

I warmed up with 20 reps of 135lbs.

the heaviest I got to today...I was able to pump out 235lbs X 6 reps on regular bench. I know I can do a lot more. and I will try next week to go for 265lbs.

and on decline press with dumbells today... I did 100lb dumbells X 4 reps

Wow that sounds good, now you can get more out of your workouts. Decline press is one of the workouts I dislike because of the blood rush to the head, it isnt a good feeling.