Share your transformation photos

I know some of you are currently in the middle of a body transformation challenge, but for those who have come a long way from their previous self, we'd like to see some pics.

Jonathan and I both have great stories (and photos) of being skinny and scrawny and transforming ourselves to gain 60-90 pounds and be quite strong and muscular. I've heard Will Peavy has a similar story, and to some extent, Topher was the same way.

These images and stories have been pretty motivating for a lot of people. How about some of you who lost a lot of weight after going vegan and transformed yourself that way? I know you're out there.

Whether you gained a lot of muscle or lost a lot of weight, or just improved your health and muscle tone, feel free to share some photos and a brief background telling your story.

Here are some of mine for fun:

Just as I became vegan:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/images/before.jpg

Five years later:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/images/pre/pre3.jpg

Ten years later:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/posing1.jpg

Growing up I always wanted to be bigger and stronger but I was only 89 pounds when I finshed 8th grade preparing for high school. I wasn't vegan then. I played basketball at 105 pounds in high school and then turned vegan the next year when I was about 120 pounds. I peaked at 193 pounds since then and hope to break the 200 pound barrier in the somewhat near future.

I know the first photos might seem like a long time, 5 years between each photo, so here are some photos with just 1 year between them.

2000 when I first got interested in bodybuilding:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/images/transform8.jpg

2001 exactly a year later preparing for a bodybuilding contest:

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/images/transform5.jpg

If you have some cool photos "before and after" type, feel free to post them. It is fun to see what kind of changes people make once they go vegan and get an interest in sports.

Could have sworn I posted to this thread already... Was my post deleted?

As you already have more than 200 posts you should know that highjacking topics is a nono. If you have a problem with someone`s signature you can send him/her a pm or open a new topic about it.

Usually highjacking posts are not deleted but maybe this time a moderator was attentive.

But away: In Germany pussy just means wimp. Maybe using the term is not p.c. but as I said. This is for another topic.

It's cool, no problem about changing topics. I saw the post in another thread so it didn't get deleted, it just must have been in another section.

Flanders, I think we have that same meaning here. I don't use the term often, but I'm familiar with it.

Thanks for posting Roid Rage, and thanks to those interested in this. I think posting these before and after photos really helps a lot of people get inspired and motivated.

Of course, I'd love to see MORE of them too!

I would like to see Daywalker's before and after photos sometime. I've never seen them

Could have sworn I posted to this thread already... Was my post deleted?

As you already have more than 200 posts you should know that highjacking topics is a nono. If you have a problem with someone`s signature you can send him/her a pm or open a new topic about it.

Usually highjacking posts are not deleted but maybe this time a moderator was attentive.

But away: In Germany pussy just means wimp. Maybe using the term is not p.c. but as I said. This is for another topic.

Thanks for the reply. I'm honestly not all that up on "netiquette" and I'm not trying to be rude or to embarrass Roid. To avoid "highjacking" this thread, I'm going to start a thread in General Discussion titled "Sexist Language". I hope you, Roid and everyone will have a look at it and share your thoughts!

Thanks for the reply. I'm honestly not all that up on "netiquette" and I'm not trying to be rude or to embarrass Roid. To avoid "highjacking" this thread, I'm going to start a thread in General Discussion titled "Sexist Language". I hope you, Roid and everyone will have a look at it and share your thoughts!

You are welcome! This is why I love this community! Everyone can say what he/she wants and at the same time everyone is trying not be aggressive. Be sure that we will all have a look at the new topic

• 1 month later...

Okay, why not

I update this photo every month, so as long as the URL doesn't change, you should always be looking at my latest progress (if the "Current" month isn't accurate, just press refresh on your browser)

http://www.bjdphotography.com/veggeep/BnC01.jpg

Wow, AWESOME progress veggeep!

You packed a lot of mass on in this short time!

I'm especially impressed by your leg development.

Did you recover from an illness or were you genetically skinny? (no offense intended - i know athletes from both backgrounds)

Whatever you do - keep doing it, it's working (change it only when the progress stops )

Thanks guys! And don't worry -no offense taken.

I am genetically predisposed to being skinny. I got the beanpole gene from my dad. If I stop working out and eating like a horse, I'll be 134 Lbs again in a matter of a few months

Ha ha ha ha! That's a'ight though... I don't let that deter me. I learned a lot about the special challenges of being 6'+ ectomorph with a raging metabolism from John Berardi and Michael Mejia in their book "Scrawny to Brawny", and I learned how to stop kidding myself about what it takes to really pack on the mass. Ever since I changed my focus last year, I've seen greater gains than at any other time in my life

It's awesome how you packed it on as muscle. I mean, it looks like you took slabs of pure muscle and attached it to your body.

Hehehehe... I must've done something right I actually LOST body fat over the past year! Like I can afford to lose body fat

Of course, more muscle means faster fat-burning metabolism, so I have to adjust my calories accordingly, LOL.

• 9 months later...