How am I meant to get rid of spots?

Richard

Hello - Although it's not very important, I wonder what I can do to get rid of spots from my skin. I seem to only get them on my back, and a few on my shoulders and sometimes top of my chest. Rarely anywhere else. It doesn't matter I guess, but I'd prefer them to be gone. I heard that drinking lots of water can get rid of them? Is that bogus? Is there something I should be eating to sort it out? Or something I shouldn't be eating? Or is it a stress-related thing? Basically I have no idea. First one to give me advice that works is awesome

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my spots almost disappeared since i went vegan but sometimes they show up on my shoulders or back.

i use a peeling glove and just basic soap and rub off the respective areas very well. i observed that that helped although some of the damn bastards come back from time to time.

ah yes, and much sunlight is also quite effective

spots are like ummm pimples? Little bumps on the skin that contain puss. They suck. Normally find them on greasy teenagers.

I don't get much sunlight at all :s especially on my back as I never go shirtless. Thanks for all your advice so far, I will try it out and see who is awesome and who's not.

- Sunlight helps, but wash the skin first, i.e. take a shower. It's better to sunbathe when the skin is clean.

- Brewer's yeast is supposed to help, too. But be aware that initially the spots get worse (as tthey're coming out of your skin) before they vanish.

- I noticed that the amount of sugar i eat affects my skin. The more sugar, the more spots, but that's just a personal observation.

- I sometimes get spots (in the face) when i sweat over a long time and don't wash in between, that means, when i do longer workouts than 2hrs, sometimes in the evening i have spots, or sometimes on hot summer days. So perhaps simple washing would be an idea

Hey Richard,

I don't know your age, but I have had lots of spots till 25. Lots on my back and in my face. I have tried EVERYTHING ! Nothing has helped. From heavy medicine to natural stuff. Then I have heard of apple vinegar! It is an old "houswife" wonderstuff for lots of problems. I do not know if there is any literature in the UK about it. In The Netherlands and Germany there are lots of books about it. It is absolutely not tasty, but I started to drink three times a day a glass with some vinegar and ( I was not vegan that time) with some honey. The spots disappeared very shortly. It has to do with your intestine. Vinegar supports the bacteriums in your intestine (the largest immune system of your body). I used vinegar only a couple of months, but for me it worked. Now, I am 33 and have a perfect skin all over my body.

Hope this helps for you, too.

Hi Richard,

Yes it should really be apple vinegar. I have found books on amazon. Just search for apple vinegar.

I forgot to tell also... you can use it also directly on your spots. Clean your face first. I always used to clean my face with something, because I hade very greasy skin, but now I clean it only with water. Make sure that your hands are clean, pour some vinegar in your hands, apply it on your face and DON'T WASH IT OFF !!! It burns a little bit, but has a great effect. A friend of mine has problems of dry skin in the winter, because of the dry air caused by the heating. He always gets a very red, dry skin in his face. No moisturizer helps. Apple vingar works for him within two days.

Good luck.

Hi Richard,

Yes it should really be apple vinegar. I have found books on amazon. Just search for apple vinegar.

I forgot to tell also... you can use it also directly on your spots. Clean your face first. I always used to clean my face with something, because I hade very greasy skin, but now I clean it only with water. Make sure that your hands are clean, pour some vinegar in your hands, apply it on your face and DON'T WASH IT OFF !!! It burns a little bit, but has a great effect. A friend of mine has problems of dry skin in the winter, because of the dry air caused by the heating. He always gets a very red, dry skin in his face. No moisturizer helps. Apple vingar works for him within two days.

Good luck.

To be clear, I am meant to put the vinegar onto the area of my skin which has spots on it, not my face right? My face is spot-free, it's just my back that is infected, so I should put the vinegar on my back right? I don't use any other products on my skin, just some kind of shower gel or shampoo, no specific skin products and chemicals etc. I'll try to get my hands on apple vinegar, I have had it before when I was little.

Yep, it should work on all areas. I have had really huge spots on my back filled with painfull puss. I am absolutely smooth know. However, I cannot remember that I have used vinegar quite often on my back. So, I think to drink a little every day should be more important than to clean your skin with it, because I believe that an 'unhealthy' skin has its roots somewhere inside of you.

Yep, it should work on all areas. I have had really huge spots on my back filled with painfull puss. I am absolutely smooth know. However, I cannot remember that I have used vinegar quite often on my back. So, I think to drink a little every day should be more important than to clean your skin with it, because I believe that an 'unhealthy' skin has its roots somewhere inside of you.

You think I have a corrupted soul that needs to be exorcized

haha, well, I think that your inner body could need a little support from the outside...

Not to forget... as I have told you before I have been 25 when my spots disappeared. I am sure that it was because of vinegar. However I have heard that there are people, who have to suffer from spots even at 30 or older. So, it could still remain a problem of some hormons, couldn't it? But I am not a doctor of course.

I made a transaction involving a trade of coins and notes in exchange for a bottle of apple vinegar. However, I can't find information anywhere on exactly how much I should consume a day. Searching online reveals that it is definitely recommended as a cure for spots, but they don't explain exactly what I am meant to do. Got any ideas? I don't want to damage myself by drinking too much of it

Hi Richard,

you cannot damage yourself with vinegar. It tastes sour, but it doesn't work lik an accid in your body. I used only two big spoons of vinegar in a normal glass filled with warm water. 2 or 3 times a day should be enough.

Norbert

What is the difference between pimples and "spots"?

And also, so you guys are all saying that apple vingegar is good for DRY skin AND you can drink it AND put it directly on the problem skin and it is really good for you?

Wouldnt it make your body ph more acidic though - which is a bad thing (maybe Daywalker being a physician can answer this one)?

And also, I heard rinsing your hair with apple vinegar also makes it nice. Is this true too?

thanks!!

Vinegar is sour and acid, but there is no influence on your PH, because what is sour outside your body doesn't have to remain sour IN your body. Like lemons. There is no danger to eat lot's of lemons or sour apples, because they are neutralized in your body. On the other hand if you would cook an apple (or fruit and vegetable in general) it would be sour IN your body!!! That's why I went completely raw for some time.

The effects of apple vinegar are amazing. You can use it for your hair to keep your color or instead of fabric softener for your clothes. It keeps the colors beter (especially if you buy new clothes) and makes your clothes smooth. Just add a little bit to your waching machine. You can also use it for anti-chalk in your coffemachine or kettle.

I am whitening my teeth sometimes with apple vinegar (or fresh lemon juice). It removes ugly stains immediately.

I am afraid that I only can advise some Dutch and German books about apple vingear. But check the internet and you will find lots of info about it.

Norbert

It should really be called ABSOLUTE POWER VINEGAR when you think about it. I had a few spoonfuls in a glass of water yesterday, it tasted fine to me num num num. I will continue in this elaborate ploy to out-wit the spots. I don't know what the difference is between a spot and a pimple

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, shaking with anxiety over my skin condish (condition), I am happy to report that I definitely haven't got any worse. I have been shirtless when it's warm enough to be, and I am showering more often, and I have been drinking freaking vinegar. I think the spots are fading, but it could be my hopeful imagulation (imagination).

- Brewer's yeast is supposed to help, too. But be aware that initially the spots get worse (as tthey're coming out of your skin) before they vanish.

What is brewer's yeast?

Sounds good so far. Keep on using vinegar. I will search an old picture of myself and send it by e-mail to you. i cannot believe myself that I have had so many spots...

yeast... for me it didn't work well. It made my spots worse. You can buy special yeast pills. Try it.

And... make a before and after pic. Always cool to see progress.

Hi Tarz,

I cannot agree. It got worse in my case. I have had a very greasy skin and sunshine only stimulated my skin to produce even more grease.

What helped for other people is completely raw food. It has also helped people with seroius skin problmes (neurodermite). Check this link

http://www.nie-mehr-neurodermitis.de/bilder.htm

It's German, but the pics tell enough.

I keep convinced that with healthy and pure food you reach more than anything else.