The Goonies

V VII Hero

Here is a link to a map of Oregon.

http://www.cftech.com/BrainBank/GEOGRAPHY/Oregon.html

For those who wonder where I live

I'm in Corvallis, between Eugene and Salem.

Astoria is up in the top left corner.

Portland if the biggest city in the state, up near Washington.

Oregon is a great place, if you haven't been out this way, try to visit the Northwest sometime.

I want to move to Portland eventually when I am older. such a clean city. has such a great vibe.

beach on one side, mountains on the other. plus it totally reminds me of Pennsylvania...only with more rain.

seriously portland, oregon is my dream place to live.

I visited timberline lodge where they filmed the Shining. that was neat.

Ya I watched it again a couple years ago when it was released on dvd and I guess they took out the cheesy giant sea monster thing in the original but its in the dvd...but its super cheese.

Here is a link to a map of Oregon.

http://www.cftech.com/BrainBank/GEOGRAPHY/Oregon.html

For those who wonder where I live

I'm in Corvallis, between Eugene and Salem.

Astoria is up in the top left corner.

Portland if the biggest city in the state, up near Washington.

Oregon is a great place, if you haven't been out this way, try to visit the Northwest sometime.

I second that, I lived in the northwest my entire life until this february. Now I am in Kentucky which is beautiful in a similar way. But the northwest has unprecidented forestry and beautiful mountains.

• 2 weeks later...
I want to move to Portland eventually when I am older. such a clean city. has such a great vibe.

beach on one side, mountains on the other. plus it totally reminds me of Pennsylvania...only with more rain.

seriously portland, oregon is my dream place to live.

I visited timberline lodge where they filmed the Shining. that was neat.

Goonies is a classic! I just showed it to my 8th grade health class. They laughed their arses off at Chunk...When he opens that old soda machine ("God I'm thirsty!") and it's empty and he yells "Damn!" One of the great one liners in movie history.

Portland is beautiful. If I had to live in a big city, and had a choice, I think I'd pick San Francisco. I love it there. When I lived in Calif. I made sure we had a SF field trip planned every year where I was teaching.

Jon

Another great film that was shot there, Kindergarden Cop.

And Free Willy, and Teenage Mutant Ninjas II (mostly in a blimp hangar, though), and recently The Ring 2. I was transferred to Astoria shortly after Kindergarten Cop came out, and was there while Free Willy was being filmed. I loved how the kid in that is seen crossing a bridge in Portland, then shortly after arriving at his house in Astoria 90 mountainous miles away.

I didn't/don't like The Goonies, though. Don't hate me.

I loved how the kid in that is seen crossing a bridge in Portland, then shortly after arriving at his house in Astoria 90 mountainous miles away.

I didn't/don't like The Goonies, though. Don't hate me.

Shock! Horror! j/k. its ok not to like the goonies. cough. cough.

Haha and i guess the kid from free willy was doing some serious speedwalking.