anyone know of VEGAN gymnasts?

Jabba

I know that Mohini Bhardwaj is a vegetarian, but I'm guessing she's a lacto-ovo vegetarian and not a vegan. http://www.goveg.com/feat/pamgold/

Pam Mayer is a lacto-ovo http://www.fatfree.com/archive/1998/dec/msg00058.html

Kathy Johnson http://www.soystache.com/famousel.htm

I'm just assuming Kathy was lacto-ovo, since I have never heard of her being referred to as a vegan.

Does anyone know of any COMPETITIVE gymnasts who are VEGAN? I know of vegans who do gymnastics recreationally, but I don't know of any who do competitions (even if it's just competing collegiate, provincially, regionally, sectionally, invitationally, level 4, etc.).

P.S. Any road lugers, or ice luge people who are vegan?

• 2 weeks later...
Why did you give it up Topher?

broke my first bone at age 7 doing my parallel bar routine from a tree....the tree's branch snapped and I feel and broke my arm. trainers wanted to still train me with a broken arm, my parents said I should rest. either way it would cost extra money to train me cause of my injury, since I would have to catch up after 6-8 weeks of rest. my parents didnt have the couple thousand dollars to shell out a month, and I spent all my free time training...so due to money and time my parents decided to raise me "normal" and just let me play soccer instead....which consumed an hour or two, instead of the entire night every day.

• 5 months later...

My ex girlfriend from 7th grade was vegetarian and 6th at nationals for the uneven bars...she just graduated from NC state I think and I heard she may be vegan now...haven't seen her in person for a while though but she definatly looks healthier

Yup I know who your talking about...she's a myspace friend of mine too. She's so short but if she was 5'8" or so she'd look like a super body builder. She's definately fit

• 1 month later...

I recently befriended a vegan gymnast with a vegan gymnast twin sister(haven't met her yet). They don't do gymnastics anymore(since few women do it after high school) but one is a gymnastics instructor. They were both level 9 gymnasts which is one level short of elite so they were just about there.

I did gymastics, i went to state ( no big deal i know) I got up to level 4. I was not vegan at the time. I'm going to go back and do it recreationaly next year and i'll be vegan then . this year i cant afford it as i live far far away at uni.

Who can afford gymnastics??? I dated at level ten when I was 13 and her father and mother made a good income but they lived in a craphole to pay for her training...everyone in the family had to sacrifice themselves for her.

well for me it would mean traveling by car for 50minutes (one way!) and then pay $17 for a session.. and add the petrol cost tot that and it's 2/3 of my food money gone for the week... i guess it would work out of if i didn't eat...