Introductions...

xjasonedgex

I'm Jason. I've been vegan for roughly 13 years. I started lifting in 1998 while in the Marines. I've been training seriously since then. I've had some inconsistent times through a shoulder surgery. I'm 5'10" and last weighed in at 194. My real goal is to be completely and utterly lean. Sure I'd like to be a little bigger(trust me my 194 looks more like 175) Anyway...there it is. I've introduced myself.

Hey Jason!

Welcome to the group! It sounds like you are pretty big and strong right now, being near 200 lbs.

We've got a bunch of people here (including myself) who are trying to lean out.

I have a competition in 8 weeks so I've got to be lean for that and others are doing the same, either for a contest or just to get shredded.

So I'm sure you'll find some really useful information here.

Again, welcome to the Vegan Fitness Team!

Take care,

Robert

I was in the Corps for 6 years. Boot camp was rough. I made it through "vegan" without asking too many questions about plain oatmeal and butter on veggies. But I did graduate boot camp at only 140lbs. After basic training I was put on Comrats which is a program where they pay you and extra $250/mo to buy your own food. I was on that the whole 6 years. Piece of cake. My brother didn't fare as well. He lost tons of weight in basic and ended up starting to eat meat. He's ok now and does the best that he can, but he has decided to just go vegan again when he gets out.