Where do you live? Let's hang out sometime!

robert

Hey, this topic is based on this thread here:

viewtopic.php?t=350

I know some of you recently met up at a vegetarian conference and others have in the past out in the UK for a vegan fitness week.

Anyway, I think it is great to know other vegans from around the world, so if you are ever traveling, someone can help out with a place to stay or suggestions on where to eat, etc.

We have some great people here and the group gets bigger by the day, we come from all over the world.

So please, if you are interested, post where you live and if you'd be willing to host someone sometime on their vacation, business trip, or attending the same conference.

Also check out the NEWS and EVENTS section, I listed dozens of events going on around the world and I'll keep on posting more and more!

I (Robert Cheeke) live in Corvallis, Oregon USA. Some somewhat nearby big/popular cites are Eugene, OR (45 min drive), Portland, OR (1 1/2 hours drive), Bend, OR (2 1/2 hours drive) Seattle, WA (4 1/2 hours drive), Vancouver B.C. Canada (7 1/2 hours drive), San Francisco, CA (8-10 hours drive), Salt Lake City, UT (11 hours drive). Ok, I'm sure more than 10 hours drive is pretty far, so anyway, if anyone is in Oregon, Northern California, Western Washington or B.C. Canada and wants to stop by, let me know, you are more than welcome!

Let's travel and hang out. We will also plan some big Group Gatherings (similar to Vegan Fitness Week in the UK) for 2006, so check for updates on that.

I hope to see more posts and find out where you all live (I know some of you have it mentioned in your avatar or under your photo, but feel free to share in this thread too!)

Robert

Good idea.

Okay, for the purpose here, it should be enough to say "Germany" *lol*

I live near Frankfurt, where Germany's main airport is, so if anyone ever comes to Germany, most probably they'll come by here

And now i plan my trip to Oregon

CU

I think this is a fab post idea.

I live in Toronto Canada and would be more than happy to welcome anybody to my humble aboad. Just let me know if you are coming here and when.

By the way there are lots of people on these boards that live in LA that could possibly hang out, and also the Germans can also hang out if they live close to each other. So far, that seems the two most popular places from which members of this forum hail. So like Sirdle, kollision, big head, and a few other people I think are from LA, probably driving distance from each other?

Lucky!!

ANd ya we should definitely Rob organize a huge get together for this forum's community next year, and start planning it way in advance. How does getting together and climbing Everest sound? (I am dead serious). Or something wild like that.

so??

I live in St. Louis, as the profile says, but actually just got back to college in Columbia, Missouri. So the next time anyone is in mid-Missourah (yeah right), drop on in!

A get-together would be awesome. I suggest Columbia, Missouri, USA, since it is the center of the universe.

I currently reside in northeast pennsylvania near Camelback Ski Resort. and I am moving to Staten Island, NY / Hoboken, NJ for 6 months while I attend PT institute. and then I am moving to Portland, Oregon.

I'm in Ocean NJ (near Asbury Park) right now, and I was just in Staten Island a couple of days ago

A get together? Cool idea!

I vote for somewhere in Europe to take place

I'm sure Tarz, Jonathan, Richard, Attila, Kadett8, lelle, nobbi and fruitbat will support that notion

Hehe

But maybe i'll just do my trip to the US sooner and invite myself to all of you

Have a great day,

Daywalker

Hartford, Connecticut. Well about 20 minutes outside of the city to be exact, in an area of mixed rural farmland and small industry, nesteled alongside the mighty Connecticut River...the town is East Windsor, Connecticut. Anyone else on hear from New England?

Seriously guys,

How about somewhere like Cancun mexico, or Jamaica or somewhere truly tropical and vacationy.

BUt I am up for anywhere. I rally hope that we all take this 2006 get together seriously and start saving up for it now.

It would rock if most if not all of us could make it, and I know that Rob is serious about this veganbodybuilding 2006 get together!

Cannot wait. START SAVING $$ NOW GUYS!

Hi Daywalker,

absolutely, I would prefer to get in contact with you guys somewhere in Europe (Denmark is my place to be). As you can see I am a beginner and I'd love to get tips on bodybuilding face to face and would like to hang out with you.

Nobbi