Yo! New and from Seattle!

alienpeapod

Hello All!!

I am truly inspired by this forum! I was vegan for four years. When I got into bodybuilding and fitness, I stopped being vegan. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to gain muscle and lose bodyfat. BUT recently, I have become vegan again and am ready for the challenge and inspiration of eating HEALTHY and VEGAN. When I was vegan in the past, I lived off junk food: tofutti cuties, toast, cookies etc...

I am into long distance running, and try to run 7 miles, 6 days a week. I also do weight training. I do a three day split. Though I enjoy weight training and would like to gain more muscle, my heart is in running. I am starting to do races (5K..) and want to start training for a half marathon.

I am interested in connecting with other vegan athletes, especially runners and those who live in the Pacific Northwest. I am also interested in lowering my bodyfat and dropping 5 more pounds.

Shout Out to Y'all

Peace!

Andre.....

What up Andre?!

Thanks for joining our group! You found the right place for vegan muscle! And you're in the right area. There are a ton of us in the Northwest!

Did you check out the Vegan Vacation site? www.veganvacations.net A bunch of us from this forum will be gathering in Portland for a week of awesomeness. Folks from this forum are coming from as far as Germany and the East Coast of the US.

Welcome to the group, you'll have a lot of fun here!

Hey, HI back to you all.

I would love to go to the Vegan Vacation in Portland but I have prior commitments that week.

I was just down in Portland and had a blast though. I went to Cafe Vita at the end of Alberta Street. They had amazing vegan fare, plus I could order brown rice and veggies for breakfeast. The Alberta Street Co-op was great too.

Maybe there could be a Mini Vegan Vacation in Seattle since Seattle is a Vegan Mecca as well.

Anyhoo...