re-starting the training

Doron

It was great to meet everyone at the conference! After all of that yummy food, it's back to training for me! I am a cyclist/duathlete but took most of this season off to start the expansion of my co-owned business, Sticky Fingers Bakery. I saved all summer for a cyclocross bike and am about to try my hand at it this season. We'll see how it goes. Aside from the bakery I teach some fitness classes around town to force my butt out of bed and get a break from the day-job. I am also fund-raising for an AIDS ride of sorts this fall (www.brakingthecycle.org). Goals are imperative for me or I turn into a couch potato, and though vegan food is good for you too much of anything is a bad thing.

I have been vegan since 1995 for ethical, then health reasons. Lately, I find that my life is erratic and I need to find some inspiring ways to eat better for my sports, and during the off season. Being 33, reducing my training time, and having an erratic schedule, the pounds creep up and stay on much longer than they used to. Who knows, I may just try my hand at body building!

Hi! I loooooooove Sticky Fingers!! Unfortunately I don't get to eat your stuff very often as I don't go to DC much. I was on Team BBC for one season, during which I didn't train enough and was in one race that kicked my ass. I worked at the Team BBC table at the race at Poly ('05), and you provided free stuff there--that was really awesome. What team are/were you on?

I'm barely road cycling these days, but am mountain biking (my first bike love) more. I'm not giving up on the road bike, but it's just hard to fit rides in.

I started lifting weights about a year ago, and I love it. So if you have any desire at all in that direction, I highly recommend it!

Oh, welcome to the board!

track cyclings where its at...you don't need to even think about weight. The only problem with weight is acceleration and once you get up to speed its actually easier to maintain speed since you have more momentum and need less power to mainting your cadence...I've now given up on losing weight and now I'm gonna start a lifting regiment again to get strong...I just have to make sure I don't gain too much muscle. Its nice not having to worry about climbing anymore

Great to meet you at the Animal Rights Conference! Thanks for writing on here. I just home and it is about 1AM so I better get some sleep. I think most nights at the conference kept me up until 2AM, 3AM, or 4AM Good times!

Great to have you here and have an awesome day!

Welcome! Fellow biker here (one that loves hills ).

It is hard to motivate when you don't have a goal. Do you have any group rides you could go on? I have a good group of mt bikers I ride with, and we all push each other to keep up - so that's kind of my goal - to stay with the "fast" group. Without that, I'd probably be couching it myself. Or track cycling ( ).

• 2 weeks later...