Hi from Robert's new roommate

veggymeggy

Hi everyone!

My name is Megan, and I just moved in with Robert. (as in Robert that runs this website ) He encouraged me to post and introduce myself.

I am 21 years old, and living in Corvallis, OR while attending Oregon State University. My major is Nutrition and my minor is exercise physiology. I'll be finishing up my undergrad work in 5 more terms, then start grad school, again in Nutrition. Once I get through all that, I plan to be a registered dietician.

I am vegetarian - almost, but not quite vegan! Maybe Robert will be a good influence and get me the rest of the way.

Not sure what else to say - obviously, health, diet, and fitness are passions of mine also. I used to be at the gym twice a day, but now that I'm back in school full time it's dwindled to more like twice a week- which is unfortunate, and I hope to get back in a regular routine eventually.

If you have any questions about Robert and what he's like in person, or anything else, feel free to ask!

Nice to meet you all!

-Megan

Hey Megan,

Thanks for joining our group!

--Megan just moved in with me a few days ago and it is great having her here. I lived by myself for a while but decided it was time to get a roommate. She is really busy so she may not be posting too frequently, but I wanted her to come by and "meet" all my vegan buddies on here.

She just left for work and now I'm leaving for the gym. Back workout today, maybe I'll get that 2 minute mark on the back hang.

-Thin Thin Flat Him

hey megan.

going vegan was the best choice I have ever made, and Im sure you will love it too.

that's awesome youre going to school for nutrition. im going to a fitness institute for nutrition and personal training. and I'm also 21.

goodluck with school! living with Rob has to be inspiring.

I haven't noticed Robert having any odor thus far....

I really don't have any dirt either! His day really does consist of going to work and going to the gym. Unfortunately we don't have memberships to the same gym so we can't go together!

I was disappointed to find out that he, as a vegan passionate about fitness and therefore by default nutrition, didn't know what quinoa is! I showed him and promised to make him some since it is fabulous.

His room is messier than mine

But he is nice to my cats, which is much better than my last roommate, so I'm happy.

Oh, and my 2 friends that have met him so far like him.

Megan, welcome. I find it great that you are a nutrition major and are becoming a registered dietician. I will be graduating shortly from the University of Connecticut and will be applying for a doctorate program in Naturopathic Medicine. While there I also hope to get a master's degree in human nutrition. There are so many nutritional fallacies being espoused today it seems. We need more people like you, who know the truth about how amazingly healthy and natural a vegetarian diet is. Interestingly enough, I am taking a course this semester on Health and Wellness. There is this undergraduate nutrition major in the class and we debated many times concerning nutrition subjects. Oh yeah and it is an online class, so everything is seen by all members of the class. Anyway, although she didn't directly dismiss a vegetarian diet as bad, she always had a way of stating indirectly that a plant based diet is not healthy. But, I do feel that I made a pretty strong stand against her...so all is well. Thanks for doing what you are doing - the vegetarian community needs it!

But he is nice to my cats, which is much better than my last roommate, so I'm happy.

What ddi your last roomate do to your cats?

Does Rob play with your cats and everything? pet them? Brush them? Talk to them? Your cats I dont think can find a better, more compassionate person with whom to room with than Robert. You know you can trust that he has your "cats back" so to speak!!!

Hey Megan,

Yeah, I know, I'm a little messy. I'd like to say it's because I've been busy and not home much, but that wouldn't be accurate, because it seems that everywhere I live I'm a bit messy. I'm not as neat and tidy as I'd like to be, although at times I have been....so there is still hope

Just don't tell everyone about my doll collection.

CG....Since Megan moved in I've been house-sitting somewhere else, so I'm not around the apartment that much. I'll be house sitting until the 24th. So I haven't spent too much time with the cats, but I will soon. They like to play in my room (maybe playing hide and seek under all my clothes that are thrown everywhere) and climb on my window sill to sit in the sun.

I grew up with 5 cats in the house, so I'm sure I'll be hanging out with them quite a bit soon, when I'm over here more.

Megan is GREAT with the cats, she loves to play with them and is always interacting with them.

I work my regular full-time job 5 days a week from 7:30AM-4PM and Megan usually works from 4PM-10:30PM so we mostly see each other in the evenings.

I will work on being a little neater and she can report on here if I'm doing a good job or not

That is a warning to you Topher......we plan on being roommates in the future, I'll have to get myself more organized around the house, I'm sure you won't want a messy Thin Thin Flat Him hanging around.

Thanks for welcoming Megan to the group.

-Robert

Rob- I'm one messy kid, but I'm gonna move with nothing more than my snowboard, bag of clothes/stuff, and my bass. so even if I am messy, I dont have much to leave laying around. lol.

I dont even know what a "Thin Thin Flat Him" is....but I'm hoping I don't find out.

Welcome Megan,

I heard all good things about you. Rob is a great guy, and regarding the influence thing, most likely it will since he has such a great approach to everyone. Thanks for taking Robs' advice and saying hello.

If you have any questions ask Rob since you live with him! heheh Just playing, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Hey Megan,

I see you added an image in your avatar.

Isn't my roommate cute?

Megan is a really nice girl. We both had the day off today......although we both pretty much stayed in our own rooms in front of the computer all day...and we're both heading the gym tonight, but to different gyms, but tonight Vamprilla is coming over and maybe all 3 of us will watch a movie.

Anyway, welcome again Megan, and I'm glad you get to "meet" all my online vegan friends. Too many to name, but all the ones who write on a regular basis have become my "friends" over time through this website and this forum.

See you at home......I'm taking Razor for a run now!

-Thin Thin Flat Him (not sure if I told you about that name) I'll explain later.

-robert

Awww, thanks Robert! I did read the "thin thin flat him" posts - I laughed! A lot!

It's so nice to be welcomed by everyone here; what a great group!

Like I said before, I am a vegetarian but I've never gone all the way to be being vegan - but I am challenging one of my friends who is a lifelong meat eater to give it a shot, so it looks like I'm finally gonna do it! He's in for the next 30 days, he promised to give veganism a shot, and I'm sure that if I do it for 30 days, I'll never go back. So here goes nothing!

Edited by veggymeggy

Megan, I guess this means we should speak more Yeah, I guess I didn't even mention our Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness sponsored Vegan Vacation in 2006.

I've been thinking about it for a long time and talking with Topher about it as well at Natalie, and then I made a post about it in the General Discussion area.

P.S. I won't be home before the gym....I can see we're both online at the same time.

(I'm house-sitting for a friend, for those have no idea why I'm typing to my roommate.....so i'm not 'home' I'm down the road a couple of miles).

But I'll be picking up Kourtney after the workout and we'll watch a movie tonight.

Anyway, yeah, I'll tell you and Kourtney more about the Vegan Vacation.

Everyone will get lots of FREE Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness and Vegan Fitness Team clothing and of course we'll hang out and have fun, while promoting Veganism and sharing our lifestyle with lots of people.

-Thin Thin Flat Him