The crazy Pennsylvanian's story:

I figure I'll jump on the bandwagon here and document some stuff.

Today is 8/21/06, and I just got back from a week vacation in Florida a couple days ago. I felt pretty good until I actually clocked back into work, at which point it felt like I never went on vacation.

I wish I had more to put in here, but I have to lift weights tonight and shower, and looking back, the day has been pretty uneventful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Odidnetne!! I am new here to this forum, making the switch over from vegetarian and I am trying to find some balance in my life. So tell me, when you went on vacation in FL, did you have any problems dining out? I find dining out to be one of my biggest problems in becoming vegan. I live in FL and where I live, we don't have any vegan resturants. The only food offered to me along with the attitude, a mainstream salad which I find boring (iceburg lettuce, whatever tomatoes LOL and maybe a slice of onion) - the rest is up to anyone's imagination but far from any nutritional value.

I think more vegan restruants are needed in So. FL and my thought is that the shoppes would be packed too because I know many are interested in the vegan ways. I haven't taken a vacation in over 4 years. Now that I have made the switch and found dining out a local problem, I can't even imagine vacationing and getting my nutritional needs met without checking into the local health food shoppe upon arrival. What fun is that? I need a new , right?

So I am interested in what your vacation vegan style experience was to calm my fears and to seek better solutions for a much needed vacation.

Thanks, Odidnetne for taking the time in reading through. - Chickpea

School started today. I'm only taking one class (German II), and I'm hoping this will give me time to get back into weightlifting. I've only lifted once in the past month due to family problems, but once I get the money for the gym membership I'm going back to it full force, and I am going to start programming the role playing game I've wanted to do for years also, with my new found free time.

I live in FL and where I live, we don't have any vegan resturants. The only food offered to me along with the attitude, a mainstream salad which I find boring (iceburg lettuce, whatever tomatoes LOL and maybe a slice of onion) - the rest is up to anyone's imagination but far from any nutritional value.

Where in FL? I might know of some places.

9/12/06

This is getting ridiculous. Some stupid things happening in the family and now I haven't worked out in a month and a half, and still can't bring myself to do it. I just went on vacation, but I think I need a break from something, I just can't figure out what it is I need a break from.

9/21

Today was the first day of fall, I think (I never keep track on what days/times a season officially begins.), and it was cool enough to be fall.

Had my 3 hour a week of school for one class (German 2), and then went to the gym and worked out my legs for the first time in a LONG time.

My post-workout meal was pretty much leftovers of food I have until I get paid tomorrow. Peanut butter on rice cakes, a can of lentils, and soymilk made up my meal.

That would have been a sound meal for me when I was lifting...now I'm just jealous. If I could have peanut butter every day I didn't have money I'd never want any...now all my money goes to leafy greens and organic tomatoes and other fixins. Its much more than I would ever want to spend and I'll be paying for the food I eat this year along with my student loans for the next 30yrs...I recommend everyone do that...get a bunch of loans and eat up...if we're lucky inflation will blow up like crazy when we finally have to pay...which means it'll be a breeze

That would have been a sound meal for me when I was lifting...now I'm just jealous. If I could have peanut butter every day I didn't have money I'd never want any...now all my money goes to leafy greens and organic tomatoes and other fixins. Its much more than I would ever want to spend and I'll be paying for the food I eat this year along with my student loans for the next 30yrs...I recommend everyone do that...get a bunch of loans and eat up...if we're lucky inflation will blow up like crazy when we finally have to pay...which means it'll be a breeze

We grow our own tomatoes, but it was like just 3 rice cakes, barely any peanut butter.

9/26

Worked out at the gym tonight, and ate so much food afterwards. I'm feeling really good too. My biceps and back are on fire, and I love that feeling.

I just worked 28 hours between Saturday and Sunday, and was ready to kill someone. I am not a (censored) robot, and I wish my place of employment could figure that out.

Working out tomorrow, then hanging out to play some DDR with a girl I haven't seen in months. Then it's drawing graphics for me.

• 2 weeks later...

10/4 (That sounds funny after I said it to myself)

Worked out today and ate a lot too, feeling pretty good. Work piled a ton of hours onto me and I'm quite aggarvated about that, but there's not much I can do.

I'm trying to bulk up a bit, but I seem to slowly lose weight, but at the same time I'm getting new highs on my weights.

I'm hoping that all these extra hours at work will allow me to get out to Oregon next month though, we'll have to see how it goes.

10/8

(Censored)(Censored)(Censored)(Censored)!!! Pennsylvania is (Censored) COLD!

Anyway, I lost this weekend to work and couldn't go to Baltimore. The thing that aggarvates me is that not only could I not go, I had to work 28 hours in 2 days, and I was starting to get really mad at everything there. Couldn't go to the gym either, since I had to wake up at 4:45 am and I'd get home from work at 9:45 pm. I'm going to go to the gym tomorrow and talk to mechanics about getting my car fixed, because I'm hopefully going to meet veganpotter in a couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

10/18

Ugh, I've lost my voice and had a sore throat for a few days, and my gym membership expired, and I'm broke, so I can't lift weights, but I've been active and eating well. Can't wait to get back into the swing of things soon.

I've been working stupid long stretches at the job which concern me that if they keep up, I won't be able to put weight training ahead of everything else like I want to. I just worked 41 1/2 hours from Friday to Monday (4 hours Friday, 14 Saturday, 14 Sunday, 9 1/2 Monday) and only had about 14 hours of sleep from Friday morning to Monday night. Speaking of the place that I spend entirely too much of my time at, I'm heading off to work.

I haven't had them but I've heard good things about them from vegans and non vegans that can't eat dairy and were eating the blackbean burritos...maybe we could go there the day you come down...just for one...then we can decide from there...which place we'll stuff ourselves at...as for Scott...I doubt he'll every be able to handle one

10/31

Ugh, I've only lifted for a couple of weeks since the beginning of August. My grandmother just recently passed a few days ago, but she's been sick since August and I've been too distracted to lift on top of everything else in my life. Work has kept me moving things large enough to maintain muscle, and I still get new records and push harder each time I lift though, so I'm eager to get back into it soon.

Today I rode my father's *OLD* bike (the Carbon dating says it was originally owned by a T-Rex) around Matamoras for about 6 - 7 miles in one hour. It felt good to just get out and experience a nice fall day. I came home and had a large glass of apple juice with 2 spoonfuls of hemp protein and now I'm just taking it easy, though I might lift tonight in my basement, have to see how I feel.

11/06

Got home from Philaelphia Saturday night, and I'm planning on renewing my gym membership tomorrow and starting to bulk up. Since my grandmother got sick in early August I haven't been able to focus on it, and it fell by the wayside, but I think I'm ready to get back into it. I'm incredibly eager, and I have off tomorrow, so I'm going to go for a muscle-burning workout in the morning.