Extra food ideas to take to work to eat?

9nines

I pretty much eat only food I bring (I rarely go to a restaurant) to work. I bring four to five servings of fruit, a serving of nuts, clifbar or oatmeal, and a lunch ranging from big plate of vegetables and a soup to tofu or avocado sandwiches to large bowl of cereal and rice milk.

Eating the above keeps me full but sometimes I am fairly hungry as I leave work or by time I get home.

I want to start exercising at a new gym, next to my office. If I do so, I know I will not have enough food.

Any ideas for another 300 to 400 calorie source (I do not want processed food)?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I've been making wraps lately.

I use a sprouted grain tortilla (though you can also use large lettuce leaves, or collard greens, or nori, depending on what you are stuffing it with).

I've wrapped them around home-made hummus with lettuce, shredded carrots, sliced red pepper, sunflower seeds (I would have used cucumber as well, but they didn't have any organic ones or hydroponic ones at the store).

I've also used home-made black bean/black soy bean spread with spinach and avocado (needed some color, but I already had tomatoes in the black bean spread, and tomatoes can make it a bit soggy).

I'm thinking of making one with some kind of lentil spread (probably made with lentils, onions, tomatoes, cumin and wrapped with spinach and red pepper).

Collard wraps are also good. In a collard leaf, wrap marinated sliced onions and mushrooms (soak in some soy sauce for a few minutes), sliced cucumbers, avocado, shredded carrots.

And maybe one with almond butter and something (any suggestions are welcome!). Maybe sliced banana and sprouts?

In the late afternoon I've been having either a bottle of Odwalla (usually Superfood or Super Protein) or a premade soup. Those are in the calorie range you are talking about. If I'm going to eat a meal right after (and not do a workout) but I'm extra hungry I just eat a banana and some water to fill up for a bit.

Another fun thing to do is make a veggie spread in the blender and double-bake some potatoes with the spread and inner potato. I'll take those for snacks and those are wonderful, too and are a good, easily-digestible carb source.

it takes very little nuts to add up to 400 calories...same with seeds...personally I'd make a really fatty(olive oil) hummus or hummus like dip and eat it with carrots and zuchinni if you want something healthy with alot of calories

I like nut butters, I just waste them because I do not like to keep them more than two weeks or so (nuts grow mold quickly, I think) and I will not eat them that fast.

Not finishing a jar of nut butter in 2 weeks?! Ha! I wish I could slow down to half that. I go through jars in 3 - 4 days.