Starting detox and quitting animal products

Freesia

Hello, I am new here. First, here is a little about me so you get an idea of who I am.

I have been a meat eater most of my life recently going almost vegetarian eating some cheese and seafood. I have grown to like fruits and veggies, mostly raw over the years. My family still eats a meat based diet and I hope at least to get them to eat vegetarian meals more often.

I want to start a detox right now. How should I start? Should I start by eating my usual dark green salad and fruits and just cut out the non vegan foods I had been eating ? I haven't searched for a detox yet. I thought since many of you have experience you can tell me the best way to go.

Thankyou

One way to do a detox (a mild one) is to eat a step cleaner than you normally do. If you eat animal products, then going vegan is a mild detox in itself, especially if you emphasize greens, some fresh juices, and raw foods.

All raw foods would be a step beyond vegan, with all fruit being a step beyond that and a fast (juice or water) beyond that. The more 'drastic' the step you choose, the shorter your cleanse needs to be.

There are also certain foods/supplements, like chlorella, that can help with detoxing.

There are various herbal formulas for detoxing, but I like an oxygen-based cleanser called Oxypowder (www.oxypowder.com : if you enter their monthy contest for a free bottle, you will usually get a $5 off coupon!). When I used it, my acupuncturist informed me that some acne I was getting around my nose was directly connected to the intestinal meridian and was a sign of intestinal detoxing. I also got rid of the white coating on my tongue that I'd had for a long time (maybe because I had a yeast overgrowth?).

I think eating a vegan diet without vegan processed foods(other than maybe tofu, seitan, and tempeh) is detox enough for the moment...after that you can worry about more intense detoxing procedures.

Detoxification is a sort of theoretical maxim. No matter what, unless you live in the Himalayas, humans in westernized cultures such as ours are always bombarded with an array of toxic substances in the air, water and soil courtesy of the auto-centric, pre-fab environment we inhabit. I strongly advocate taking chlorella daily as an aid in purging as much of the daily inundation of pesticides, synthetic chemicals (e.g. carpets) and all the various heavy metals we're routinely subjected to.