Introducing...... me!

ISETFIRE

Hey there everyone!

My name is Hanjo, I'm 20 years old, was born and live in Bayreuth, Germany.

being a veg:

Growing up in a family with zero vegetarians, I decided pretty early in my life to stop eating meat. In fact we're a family where it's a highlight to meet on sundays and perfrom a (how should I call it?) huge eating event. And the greatest thing is always a roast or sth....

I can't even tell you exactly why, but being just 8 years old I just felt it wasn't right to eat an animal. My fam and especially my Mom who always had to cook for me had absolutely no problems with it. In fact she was an activist for nature conservation and stuff.

I never wanted to eat meat ever since, as it's no just a moral thing but it's also pretty ing in my eyes!

Lately I got more in touch with organisations like PETA and I'm now on my way becoming a vegan. For some motnhs now, I quit drinking milk and pretty much all other dairy products. The only thing I still couldn't turn around is the cheese. Pizza just played a too important role in my life for too long.

Also, if my grandmother bakes a cake or sth and she used eggs, I'll eat it nonetheless.

So that's just the next step. To get more radical, and not becoming weak in front of this awesome looking, cheesy Pizza...

Lately I also tried to keep sugar from my nutrition as good as possible.

Being an Athlete:

I'm playing basketball for about 9 years or so now and became pretty good (for german measures at least lol) at it too. Although I never earned money with it, I already played in our local pro team. I'd better say I practiced with them (I was a garbage-time player at the end of the bench lol).

Anyway, whoever played basketball at a pretty high level knows you have to be in pretty good shape to fight through those hard picks, set by 6'9'' guys.

So that was first and foremost the reason to go into a gym and work on my body with weights and stuff. Now I'd do it with or without basketball, as it feels just good to be in great shape and look strong.

I've worked out with weights more or less regular for over 3 years now. Of course adding weight wasn't the main aim, but getting stronger and expecially faster, improving your vertical and stuff.

At the moment:

It's in the offseason now and so I just want to bulk up some more pounds of muscles. during the season, practicing 6 times a week and playing also 2 times on the weekend, it's pretty difficult to gain much.

And this in fact leads me to this board

so THANK YOU Robert for putting so much work in here!!!

Hobbies:

I love music, but play no instruments at all. My favourite music-style is New School Hardcore (Emocore, Metalcore, whatever), with bands like Poisen the Well, Converge and - of coure - Boysetsfire.

I also like fun (punk) stuff (The Hives, old Green Day songs) or just music to relax. Van Morrisson, Tracy Chapman, Johnny Cashs's American Records, to throw some names out.

I'm interested in arts, too.

Alright, enough! Now you know pretty much about me and it was also a great chance to practice my english a bit...

Take care!

Welcome ISETFIRE. Thanks for that introduction, got to learn a good amount on you. For the cheese bro, just keep it in mind at whats at stake to bring that to ya. If its set in your mind it is really easy. Glad to see that you are with PETA.

As for sports I was never good. I just stick with bodybuilding, thats the only thing I can do at least average. When I shoot a basketball it either goes over the backboard or its an airball.

I see you like Emo, do you like HIM?

Hey ISETFIRE.

One thing that helped me quit eating cheese was this stuff called rennet. It is in cheese and I believe it comes from the intestines of the cow or something like that. Anyhow an animal had to die to get this substance that many cheeses are made with. Ohh and another thing... Boy Sets Fire rules!

Hey, great to have you here!

I was in Germany last summer and loved it over there. I was in Rostock and another town I don't know how to spell it, but it was close to Rostock and was like Warnemundie or something like that. Right on the coast and it was really nice.

Thanks for joining our awesome group here on www.veganbodybuilding.com Some people have been visiting this website for years and others are brand new but it's great to have everyone here.

This specific Forum has only been up exactly 3 weeks, we had older versions before that are still on the main site and we'll move them soon into an archive folder and use this site primary for messages.

Our group seems to grow each day and each week and we are so new that we have a small close-nit group of really supportive people. I think it will continue to grow and grow and months down the road we'll have lots and lots of active members.

Please stop in any time and share stories with us, ask questions, post new updates with your training and lifestyle changes, etc.

Thanks again and welcome!

Wow, what a response. Thanks so much for that warm and kind welcome to all of you guys!!!

You rarely experience this at an online message board...

@kollision: Average? Lol, you're kidding...

HIM is pop(rock) music in my eyes. I mean they have some good songs and all, but overall it's just not my taste.

@CollegeB: thanks for the tipp! I already found lots of cheesy-like tofu or soy products, but it's just not the same...

@V VII Hero: I think it's pretty amazing how many guys are vegans or straight edge in this genre of music!

Todays popular music (from Britney to 50Cent) just lacks a true meaning. There're no greater values behind it or if I look at those Rap/HipHop-stuff they even have pretty bad ideals in my eyes....

@robert: I'm living at the opposite side of Germany (South-East). Bayreuth's pretty close to Nuernberg and about 2 hours away from Munich.

Yeah, the board is really going well, if you look at the fact it's excisting for only some weeks!

:shock:

HIM is pop(rock) music in my eyes. I mean they have some good songs and all, but overall it's just not my taste.

My favourite music-style is New School Hardcore (Emocore, Metalcore, whatever), with bands like Poisen the Well, Converge and - of coure - Boysetsfire.

quote]

Not to be rude but isnt boy sets fire and poison the well pretty damn pop rock these days? And as for converge, every record after petitioning the empty sky has been concidered too artsy for hardcore. I am not at all trying to bash your musical taste, just trying to pinpoint exactly what you are about musically so I might be able to suggest some newer american bands for you to check out.

Nice to see ya Hanjo. Thats cool you are on a team! I didnt know it was something thatb ig, I thought was more of just a pick up games. Too bad I cant read what it says but thanks.

In Germany the "sport system" is pretty different compared to the US. Nobody here cares about school sports here for example. We have sports clubs here, which play in certain leagues. From the first league(national) to the lowest (regional), there're totally different levels but are all connected in a way (you can climb up one level per year if you can get 1st or 2nd place in your league). Of course there are leagues for kids and stuff.

When you finished school in the US you're either super good and play in the national pro league (NBA, NFL...) or you play pickup games. (in fact there're minor leagues like the CBA or NBDL but that's a different story...)

Not to be rude but isnt boy sets fire and poison the well pretty damn pop rock these days? And as for converge, every record after petitioning the empty sky has been concidered too artsy for hardcore. I am not at all trying to bash your musical taste, just trying to pinpoint exactly what you are about musically so I might be able to suggest some newer american bands for you to check out.

No, you can't say that (for BSF + PtW) really in my eyes. BSF has always been a band, which has very different styles. They have some slow melodic songs, some fast punk-style songs and raw + heavy songs as well. All in all it's still hardcore-music...

but you're right, the new BSF album is in fact pretty "poppy" compared to the 2 LPs before!

And Poisen the Well? I've been to a concert last year (they played with Dillinger Escape Plan) and I can tell you they're no pop-rock!

I don't know what "artsy" means, have to look that up in the dictionary first.

I'm always having a hard time connecting a band with a specififc genre. I mean what are Converge playing? It's pretty difficult to describe...

I just threw some names of bands out, which I thought are pretty popular.

In general my music taste is pretty wide in this direction. So maybe the best thing is I just tell you some more bands I like to listen to lately: 36Crazyfists, Thursday, Breather Resist, Walls of Jericho, Nora, Norma Jean, Silverstein , the hurt process, life in your way...

You know "Caliban" or "Heavan Shall Burn"? Those are 2 awesome metalcore bands from germany.

I'd greatly appreciate it if you could tell some bands I should listen to!

No, you can't say that (for BSF + PtW) really in my eyes. BSF has always been a band, which has very different styles. They have some slow melodic songs, some fast punk-style songs and raw + heavy songs as well. All in all it's still hardcore-music...

but you're right, the new BSF album is in fact pretty "poppy" compared to the 2 LPs before!

And Poisen the Well? I've been to a concert last year (they played with Dillinger Escape Plan) and I can tell you they're no pop-rock!

I don't know what "artsy" means, have to look that up in the dictionary first.

I'm always having a hard time connecting a band with a specififc genre. I mean what are Converge playing? It's pretty difficult to describe...

I just threw some names of bands out, which I thought are pretty popular.

In general my music taste is pretty wide in this direction. So maybe the best thing is I just tell you some more bands I like to listen to lately: 36Crazyfists, Thursday, Breather Resist, Walls of Jericho, Nora, Norma Jean, Silverstein , the hurt process, life in your way...

You know "Caliban" or "Heavan Shall Burn"? Those are 2 awesome metalcore bands from germany.

I'd greatly appreciate it if you could tell some bands I should listen to!

Well, poinson the well has mellowed down a hell of a lot from about 2000 on. They still play some of their older songs live which gives them the same edge that is today concidered hardcore, but it is nothing like what hardcore was in 95.

If you like the newer style of hardcore you should go to either myspace.com or hxmp3.com and do a search within orange county california. There is a lot of bands coming out of there with that sound. Not being into that style of hardcore I am not framiliar with too many band names that sound like that.

hmmm... ok!

So then, once again, what are you listening to? Stuff like Sick of it All, Agnostic Front?

Hah! Finally some bands that an old guy like me has heard of!

I saw Agnostic Front play back in about '91. It was a great show, lot of fun. My favorite band though, has a much different sound. Check out "Avail" at www.availavail.com Avail still has an amazing amount of energy for a band that has toured for 15 years. Damn, I'm getting old!

hmmm... ok!

So then, once again, what are you listening to? Stuff like Sick of it All, Agnostic Front?

Hah! Finally some bands that an old guy like me has heard of!

I saw Agnostic Front play back in about '91. It was a great show, lot of fun. My favorite band though, has a much different sound. Check out "Avail" at www.availavail.com Avail still has an amazing amount of energy for a band that has toured for 15 years. Damn, I'm getting old!

My first show that I saw in Kentucky (I moved here about 3months ago or so) was avail. they started their new tour in Louisville and I was soooooooooo excited to see them.

My list of favorite bands include

Trial

Hatebreed (older the better)

Turmoil

Strife (before they sold out edge)

Make Move

Left with nothing

Madball

Disembodied

Buried Alive

7 angels 7 plagues

Eyelid

Chain of Strength

Ten Yard Fight (old stuff)

Sick of it All (old stuff)

There is plenty more but these bands to me are some of my favorite.

Welcome to the board isetfire I played basketball in high school and my position was the bench. I was the best water girl that team ever had.

Michael, I have bad feelings for the casualties and avail because my car got towed at their show. i always joke that I payed $85 dollars to see them. Ten dollars for the ticket, and 75 dollars for parking.