Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:28 pm 
Elephant

Have you thought about adding some oats to your diet? I would suppose the raw diet will allow molasses or agave nectar for sweetner if desired.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:57 pm 
Elephant

CollegeB wrote:
Have you thought about adding some oats to your diet? I would suppose the raw diet will allow molasses or agave nectar for sweetner if desired.

I don't care for oats. :)

I've had a few slips but doing well overall the last several days. Keeping up with my workouts and added another 20lbs to my squats the other day....that's huge for me!

Not hungry today, so I haven't eaten and it's almost 3PM! I'm not sure what's up with that, but I'm concentrating on listening to my body. I do have to push weights in a few hours so I'll grab some fruit before I do.

Gonna have to invest in a belt, I have dropped a bit of weight and my size 4 jeans don't fit anymore. From what I have read, I should drop and will most likely gain some back, so hopfully it'll all even out. I'm not in danger of it yet, but I don't want to be one of those boney raw vegans....ick!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:46 am 
Rabbit

Howz progress, Miss Thing? :wink: I posted something last night asking if anyone is competing in Fall 2006 as well. I'm not particularly hopeful about that. :? Too bad, could've used support during crunch time! Anyhow, I was remembering your challenge and thought I'd drop you a line to see how things were going. I'm going to post afters again for the Summer Shape Up and have Robert use my afters from Spring as befores. Why not, right? I certainly busted tail since July for these 2 upcoming shows, and I'm already ready to raise the bar for April!

Hope all is better-than-well! Off to do am cardio before team practice. . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:19 am 
Elephant

hmm1219, Good Luck with your training. It sounds like you're doing fabulous!

I started to fall off the Raw Wagon and was back to eating one cooked meal a day. Due to work and family schedule I'm not getting home until 8PM on Mon, Wed, & Fri so I'm down to only getting a work out 3 times per week. And finally I pinched a nerve in my shoulder rendering the entire arm mostly useless for several days now and having to use heavy pain killers. :( But, I think it is finally on the mend.

*sigh*, so I need to get back to raw. I think my workouts would be more effective.

I've gone over this in my head several times on what I REALLY want for my body. It seems that in order to build muscle, I'm going to have to introduce more protein into my diet, and if I drop the level I would lose size. Since I don't compete, I don't want to do that. I decided I want my body to be fit, cut, and healthy in the way god made me. No yo, yoing, no bulking and cutting. So I'm looking to eat in season, raw, organic. Since I am in a job which is not extremely active I need to counter that with weights 3 times weekly. I'll do cardio or a cardio activity on the other days if I can fit it in. I am hoping for at least once weekly for my cardiovascular health.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:55 pm 
Elephant

Because apparently the gods want me to have yet one more excuse not to work out. I managed to kick a box holding bottled juices (I buy in bulk). And majorly hurt my toe! It is nicely black and blue. I can't move it and it hurts to walk on.

So much for cardio today!

The shoulder seems to be on the mend but not 100%, so no arms either. Unbelievable!!!! :x