Hello from Sacramento!

dana

Hey there everyone! This site is pretty cool! I love to see that there is a powerful world of vegan athletes roaming the planet.

As for me, I am a 30 year old female currently living in Sacramento, CA. Before that I lived in Eugene and Portland. I've been vegan for 13 years now and was veggie for 9 years before that... and, yes, I was a stubborn and opinionated 8 year old child.

Anyway, I am just getting serious about building muscle...I used to run, a lot. I've run a few marathons but the 1/2 marathons was where all the fun was for me and I still fight the daily urge to go out and run, run, run. I am getting over it though because I want to gain some serious muscle and hopefully compete in a figure competition sometime next year.

Apart from working out, going to law school, and working full-time, I spend most of my free time with my amazing pup. He is almost 10 years old but he'll always be my puppy.

Well, enough about me...I look forward to meeting all of you amazing vegan athletes!

Welcome to our group! We have an awesome collection vegan athletes here. Cool that you lived in Eugene and Portland. I'm in Portland now and have spent a lot of time in Eugene.

We have current members from both Eugene and Portland and have members in your town too. Hopefully you'll find them on here soon.

All the best, and welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcomes...maybe I'll be able to meet some of you at the Vegan Holiday Festival as I think I might be in the Portland area around that time. Also, while I am up there, if anyone wants to hit the gym for some lifting or is up for going for a run, let me know!

Robert, did you go to U of O? I graduated back in 1997. I miss the buttes in Eugene...they were amazing running terrain.

• 2 weeks later...