Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:47 pm 
Elephant

Thanks for the replies guys. Thanks for all the info Raven, I'm working on upping my fruit and veg intake, trying to avoid breads and pasta stuff. Eating rice cakes a little, and also eating potatoes. And oatmeal. I have read eat to live before, i will try to stick closer to it.

I'm working on quitting the cloves. ugh.

But i did get drunk last night arg...been stressed out with work and family stuff and just made a bad decision. But once in almost 7 weeks isnt that bad.

http://www.bikeandbuild.org/donate
donate to bike and build in my name ashley berkman!!!!!

Listen to my music...
http://www.myspace.com/selfdestructionishabitforming

Post subject: So Sick of BEing Sick
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:29 am 
Elephant

I am so tired of being sick. I've been sick since september 6th. I had a nasty sinus infection, finally went to the doctor after like a week, took antibiotics for 10 days, was better for maybe 3 or 4 days, and then my sinus infection came back. This calls for a big Charlie Brown UUGGGGGHHHHHHH! So now I am taking a 14 day different antibiotic that makes me naseus.

I quit smoking cloves the first week in september too. No more smoking for me. Having a beer here or there casually, but thats it.

I've been eating alot of fruit, and veggies. And rice cakes with PEanut butter and bananas. I quit eating bread, caffiene and sugar. I've decided ive eaten enough rice as a vegan that im just sick of it.

Honestly, i feel like crap. I feel better without caffiene and bread and sugar i can definately feel a difference with those. But I don;t know if I am just not getting enough calories or what. I'm always fatigued, ive been getting muscle cramping. Part of it might be that i'm sick. But it seems like I am sick ALL THE TIME. Maybe it has to do with my nutrition, maybe it is just my body but it really sucks. I feel like I'm a pretty shitty example of a vegan. I'm overweight and always sick. And my shoes are always falling apart haha but thats a different conversation.

blah. this sucks. Any suggestions?

http://www.bikeandbuild.org/donate
donate to bike and build in my name ashley berkman!!!!!

Listen to my music...
http://www.myspace.com/selfdestructionishabitforming

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:01 am 
Eat as close to 100 bananas a day as possible...just kidding...when I get a little sick I triple my green smoothies(something like 60oz each day until its gone)...it seems to help...I also do the sweat out technique where I wear really warm clothes no matter what the temp is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:28 am 
Stegosaurus

I drink a lot of orange juice, kind of like all the smoothies I made when I was down there. (Did you have one?)

I wouldn't say you're a terrible example of a vegan. You said to me you never get to work out as much as you do because of work, and even with work you don't have the greatest amount of money for nutritious food, which could explain why you get sick, but that doesn't make a bad vegan.

"Look at what a green thumb this guy has, he just throws plants in water and they root!"
- A good friend talking about my basil cuttings