Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:07 pm 
Rabbit

Yep... ordered and paid for it. :) Thanks so much for the offer though! :D

I definitely need an edge to help me burn off this fat, because it isn't happeneing. This morning I felt so depressed by it (which was probably aided by a few glasses of wine I had last night :P) I almost didn't go to the gym, but of course I did and feel better for it.
I've gotten in touch with a sports nutritionist and I really want to see her this week. There's so much good advice on this forum, but I'm not sure how to combine it or where to go from here so I'm hoping a professional can help me - better than the other nutritonist did! :P

I have worked out my 'Base Metabolic Rate' at a sedentary lifestyle to be...
Calories a day

Do you think, with me going to the gym for 6, at least 5, days a week, and doing twenty minutes cardio each time, weights on 2 of those days, and about 3 days of pole, that my activity could be called light, moderate, or very active?

I have calculated it for the moment to be moderate which is:
Per day.

So that is a 591.57 calories per day difference.

I eat around 1500 calories a day...

Given that you need to burn 3500 calories to loose a kilo, I SHOULD be loosing a kilo (of fat) a week by now!!!!!

I'm wondering what I should raise my calorie intake to, if I should. ARG! I'm not an expert, so I feel totally lost. That's why I'm going to one! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:50 am 
Elephant

princessbee wrote:
I have worked out my 'Base Metabolic Rate' at a sedentary lifestyle to be...
Calories a day

Do you think, with me going to the gym for 6, at least 5, days a week, and doing twenty minutes cardio each time, weights on 2 of those days, and about 3 days of pole, that my activity could be called light, moderate, or very active?

I have calculated it for the moment to be moderate which is:
Per day.

The calory calculators give you something to start with, but the individual meabolic rate is still different for everyone.

Quote:
So that is a 591.57 calories per day difference.

I eat around 1500 calories a day...

Given that you need to burn 3500 calories to loose a kilo, I SHOULD be loosing a kilo (of fat) a week by now!!!!!

Yes, in theory ;)
That's why i recommend refeed days. Your body is adapted to 1500kcal/day, so you're not losing weight.

Quote:
I'm wondering what I should raise my calorie intake to, if I should. ARG! I'm not an expert, so I feel totally lost. That's why I'm going to one! :lol:

I think you should start with just varying the calories over the days, and keep the average of 1500. Go between 1200 (seldom) and 1800, to get an average of 1500 per day for the week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:45 pm 
Rabbit

Hi Daywalker... I definitely have 'refeed' days ;). at least once a week. still doesn't seem to be helping though :?

to be honest, most of the time my calorie intake comes in UNDER 1500. i have been scared of increasing it to more in case i put on more fat :( but at this stage i'm prepared to try nearly anything!!! :cry:

thanks Daywalker. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:26 pm 
Rabbit

I have been plugging away, continuing on with my regime though I haven't updated here much.

Only a small increase in weights, next week I'm going to start logging them with dedication so I can see over time what the change is...

I am seriously unhappy with my diet now, the cheats are beginning to taste like sand and I don't believe I'm getting everything I could from the healthy stuff. I'm seeing a naturopath on Saturday as I want to talk about raw eating... pending how that goes I may or may not go to the sports nutritionist.

feeling frustrated and down in the dumps but I know this is a temporary phase and I have to keep going and believe in myself...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:46 am 
Rabbit

Here I am trying to go more raw, but not starting things off with the juice fast like I originally intended, but head so full of many conflicting things!

My iridology revealed bad digestion and exhaustion. Given that I work out six days a week, sometimes two or three times a day, plus work 5 days a week, plus do uni 2 days a week plus do shows up to four or five times a week, this is probably not surprising!
Last year I was on antiobiotics for six months which noone had ever told me could be so bad for the body. I guess I knew my digestive system wasn't working properly but I didn't think it would affect my ability to loose weight.

I might also be retaining water. So. No water half-hour before meals or during. I'm also going to cut back to one-two litres a day, usually I go well over.

I have herbs for both digestion and water retention and a pro biotic to take.

The naturopath said I shouldn't eat all raw straight away cos raw foods are harder to break down than cooked. This annoyed me but I'm so desperate to loose this excess weight I am prepared to try it. She also said more carbs so some quinoa and brown rice will be incorporated now...

I'm also cutting back my gym exercise to three days a week, two weights and cardio days and one cardio day. I usually don't consume near the recommended caloric intake for the amount of activity I do.

i might start the juice fast on wednesday, after a couple of days of eating cleaner.

today I had:

Green Smoothie - one bunch english spinach plus two very large green pears and water

Steamed quinoa with steamed cauliflower and broccoli

Roasted sweet potato from the organics store down the road... went in to get dandelion tea and couldn't pass up one of my very favourite vegies!

Large salad with rocket, cos, roma tomato, carrot, cucumber, mushrooms, avocado, shallots, snow pea sprouts and a bit of olive oil.

I made it really big and couldn't actually finish all of it.

3 cups dandelion tea. have dutifully had my herbs and probiotic.

for dinner i want to make a raw recipe - mushroom "ravioli".

exercise has been pole this morning and will be weights and cardio after work which finishes up shortly.