Intro from Sisters

jonzen

Hello everyone, I just discovered this site a few days ago. I am excited to meet so many people who share the same concerns for the life on our planet and who wish to live a healthy lifestyle.

I am a 55 year old artist who just started weight-training 8 months ago. I have a trainer 3 days a week, and workout on my own 2 days a week.

One of the challenges has been to answer the guys in the gym who tell me I can't gain muscle without eating meat or taking in whey protein. But then I notice that often I am sculpting my body as a lean mass while they remain overweight.

I'd like to connect with some of you to discus the challenges of diet and training.

I hope to hear from you soon,

John

It's really great to meet other vegans! Whoa! And I have been reading the information within the archives of this forum. This is a challenging path to walk, but to me there is no other way to live and feel right about it.

I'd love to hear any thoughts on microwave ovens... Good or bad?

Welcome John!

You are our first member from Sisters but there are many Oregonians here!

Thanks for finding us and I'm sure you'll have a great time on the forum learning and getting to know the other members.

All the best and welcome aboard!

I found some info on microwaves:

"In Comparative Study of Food Prepared Conventionally and in the Microwave Oven, published by Raum & Zelt in 1992, at 3(2): 43, it states :

"A basic hypothesis of natural medicine states that the introduction into the human body of molecules and energies, to which it is not accustomed, is much more likely to cause harm than good. Microwaved food contains both molecules and energies not present in food cooked in the way humans have been cooking food since the discovery of fire. Microwave energy from the sun and other stars is direct current based. Artificially produced microwaves, including those in ovens, are produced from alternating current and force a billion or more polarity reversals per second in every food molecule they hit. Production of unnatural molecules is inevitable. Naturally occurring amino acids have been observed to undergo isomeric changes (changes in shape morphing) as well as transformation into toxic forms, under the impact of microwaves produced in ovens.

One short-term study found significant and disturbing changes in the blood of individuals consuming microwaved milk and vegetables. Eight volunteers ate various combinations of the same foods cooked different ways. All foods that were processed through the microwave ovens caused changes in the blood of the volunteers. Hemoglobin levels decreased and over all white cell levels and cholesterol levels increased. Lymphocytes decreased.

Luminescent (light-emitting) bacteria were employed to detect energetic changes in the blood. Significant increases were found in the luminescence of these bacteria when exposed to blood serum obtained after the consumption of microwaved food."

There is a tonne of info on the site I got it from:

http://www.rense.com/general2/dangers.htm

I have avoided Microwaves for the last year or so, after reading stuff like this online, I think why take the risk.

Production of unnatural molecules is inevitable. Naturally occurring amino acids have been observed to undergo isomeric changes (changes in shape morphing) as well as transformation into toxic forms, under the impact of microwaves produced in ovens.

I have avoided Microwaves for the last year or so, after reading stuff like this online, I think why take the risk.

Dude - how can you avoid microwaves after reading that it can cause "shape morphing"?? That's a super power! Of course, you might morph into a rock, but there's a chance you could morph into the Hulk!

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0286716/th-2288_FS22X35_REPOSE_rgb.jpg

Production of unnatural molecules is inevitable. Naturally occurring amino acids have been observed to undergo isomeric changes (changes in shape morphing) as well as transformation into toxic forms, under the impact of microwaves produced in ovens.

Dude - how can you avoid microwaves after reading that it can cause "shape morphing"?? That's a super power! Of course, you might morph into a rock, but there's a chance you could morph into the Hulk!

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0286716/th-2288_FS22X35_REPOSE_rgb.jpg

Ah, well I don't eat food which has been cooked in a microwave, but I still get in the microwave myself now and then, to morph myself, and also to heat my poison which I use on some of my targets.

So what do you think about cell phones? Microwaves also, right?

I don't have a cell phone now........I got rid of mine when I realized it was heating my head!

These days I think it may be difficult to avoid microwaves.......cell phones are almost everywhere now!

I'd like to hear what my fellow vegans think about this.

Thank you very much Loveliberate! Yes, that image in my avatar is me. We shot that outside in Camp Sherman, Oregon in the wintertime against black velvet!

I am so happy to have discovered this site and the Forum!

Thanks for making me feel welcome!

John