Hello , Vegan for 40 days and need advice

escapee

Hi all , i have been a vegan for 40 days thanks to "the China study". I have lost 6 huge KG ( 6 x 2.2 = 13.2 pounds) because of the change in diet. I have not had single moment of tingling chest pain in my 40 days of vegan diet and my perennial gum inflamation was naturally healed. I guess all the fat and plague inside my blood vessel must have been cleared Initially, i just wanted to try this vegan thing for 30 days but then i decided to extend the test indefinitely because it makes me feel so good mentally (cleared minded ) and physically (more stamina) .

I do have a mild back pain after changing the diet and i'm not sure if it's due to the vegan thing or my routine exercise. I hope somebody will be able shed some light on this and help me feel the "perfection" of being a vegan .

Glad to find a supportive vegan community .. My family isnt very ernamoured by my so called strange meatless dietary behavior .

I have done some Juice fasting before so changing to vegan wasnt that radical and difficult for me . My family has problem with that though .

They feel that i'm emotionally deprived by giving up all the "great meaty and delicious food" but at the same time happy that i have lost 13.2 lbs and feeling healthy again.

Now if i could rid the lower back pain .. that would be so nice .

Beside the above good points and the back pain , couple of changes in my body that i have notived after changing to vegan diet

1) I become less violent or aggresive. (hope i 'm not becoming a sissy )

2) i need less sleep

3) I pee more often ??!! ( anyone .. ? )

I think i may have found the answer to my lower back pain. I had been storing too much of toxin in my body before the switch . now the toxin could be all in my lower intestine and waiting to be disposed off .

http://www.incredibletruth.org/juice_fasting.htm#Battling%20Cancer

Common Physical Reactions To Fasting

(Excerpt from Fasting To Freedom)

BACKACHES. Back pain may increase due to toxins in the lower intestine. The blood vessels that draw nutrients from the colon are very close to the nerves of the spine. Back pain often decreases after elimination of the toxins. Back exercises also can relieve some pain. A cold pack also will help. Using the enema kit will be the best remedy.

I have all the symptoms of juice fasting ...

Back pain, recurrence of old injury and ...( active/irritated bladder , sshhhh .. )

http://www.incredibletruth.org/juice_fasting.htm#Battling%20Cancer

During a cleansing crisis, all of the chocolate bars, French fries, and potato chips enter the bloodstream, not a pleasant experience. But your body is finally able to rid itself of years of accumulated, damaging substances. During water fasting the process of catabolism is more intense than in juice fasting. Lowering the calorie intake intensifies cleansing. When the toxic residues enter the blood, they affect mind and body functions. Ketones, an intermediary metabolic product, may accumulate in the blood to high levels and cause ketoacidosis. Combined with high levels of urea, resulting from protein metabolism, this state can cause intense discomfort, headaches, back pain, dizziness, weakness and nausea; more commonly known as a cleansing crisis. The greater the quantity of toxins in the blood, the worse you will feel.

Enduring a cleansing crisis is the hardest part of the healing process. Unless called to a water fast, when in a cleansing crisis, sip melon juice, carrot juice, or herbal tea with honey and wait it out. Do not eat during a cleansing crisis. The body is overloaded with the work of removing toxins. Digestion will make matters worse. Using the enema kit and drinking juice will help. Focusing on the Lord during a cleansing crisis will give you strength and determination. After the body rids itself of this toxic cargo, you will experience a wash of health!

When the cleansing crisis is over, the body has been able to eliminate toxins that have accumulated for years. Now comes the reward; boundless energy, clarity of mind, soft supple skin, emotional stability and loss of cravings for unhealthy foods.

The experience is similar to driving an old car that has needed major repairs. The brakes squealing, paint peeling, and engine knocking. You pick the car up after a week in the garage, it shines with fresh paint, new brakes, shampooed interior and a finely-tuned engine. It’s like rediscovering your car all over again.

We should not be surprised at the physical benefits of fasting. Jesus fasted and His short time on earth is a road map to mankind on how to live in freedom and in the blessings of God. Following in His footsteps will always lead to God’s fullness and joy. Yet fasting’s benefit to the body is only the beginning of the story. There is a great spiritual authority in fasting. An authority needed now more than any time in our history.

Welcome escapee!

The China study is a good book

The hardest thing about eating a plant-based diet are the reactions from your surroundings. Eating fruits and veggies is really easy once you get passed all the food addictions (which you should have got passed by now).

To fight off negativity from your surroundings concerning your health and diet is something everybody does differently and you have to find your way too.

And yes, I pee and poop alot more now than when I was an omni. It's all the fibre and water.

I knew(many do) Vege diet is the healthier choice of diet but then there was this emotional hurdle in my mind that says "yes it's good but i'm going eat my delicious meat anyway". Then in one fateful day came the recommendation from this blogabout a book entitled China study that completely transformed the way i thought about diet . It's simply magical . I used to think i would not be able to give up meat and dairy products. Now i'm in my 40th day and I'm more at peace than ever.

Hope the back pain will be gone soon , it's really a great discomfort and makes me think about taking some supplement but i guess i know the reason why ....

Welcome to our group!

We hope you have a great time and enjoy the forum. You'll learn all kinds of information here. Feel free to explore around, or as you're doing, post questions and we'll do our best to answer them.

Check out other sections of the forum as well, such as Nutrition or Fitness and Training and those are great areas to post questions and read great information.

All the best and welcome aboard!

The back pain will probably go away, a lot of people experience some kind of "draw back" from changing diet.

If your family calls it strange, tell them you think it's strange that they're on the only carnivores that have to salt, marinate, cook or otherwise denature their meat so that not only can they hold it down, but that it's "edible". Ask them if they were living in the woods, would they rather try to kill an animal with their bare hands, fingernails and flat teeth, or sink their teeth into a delicious apple?

Thanks for the advice .

my back pain has lessen these few days . I hope it will be gone pretty soon .

I think my family has partially accepted me as a vegan and has even changed to a richer vege diet after realizing that i have become more healthy. Now all i have to do is keep pushing them for 99.99% on vegan diet.

The only remaining difficult is all my "meat eating" friends that i party often and food feasting with .. It's going to be very weird for them to know that i just converted to vegan .

I read your posts concerning your lower back pain. I've had three experiences with lower back pain: hurt from doing backbends in my yoga class, PMS symptom when I took something to increase my testesterone and my estrogen went through the roof, and constipation (which is just a mild lower back pain and vague-can't pinpoint exactly where it hurts). The first two are past history (I dropped the testesterone inducing stuff when my chin sprouted a hair! eek. I got really big though ) and now I just work with the last one. If my stool is not like a brown ripe banana, then my body thinks I am constipated. I drink a glass of water in the morning and at night, plus the gallon jug I drink during the day (which honestly some days I don't even touch cause I am so busy) to insure that things flow smoothly through me. Vegan diet has alot of fiber that needs alot of water to stay nice and slimy in your intestines, otherwise it gets blocked up and comes out all blocked up. Just a little poop scoop for you to take into consideration.

Vegan diet has alot of fiber that needs alot of water to stay nice and slimy in your intestines, otherwise it gets blocked up and comes out all blocked up. Just a little poop scoop for you to take into consideration.

I think that maybe explains why i had my back pain in the first few weeks, but i'm completely fine now (I decided to drink more water to flush my body system better ).

One thing i noticed on my poop (sorry for being rude/gross here ) is that it has become so intact and smooth ( in 1 full and a very long piece ) that it prompted me to say "wow , my poop is so pretty " , something i havent seen before my vegan transition. (sorry for being rude/gross here again)

[/url]

I get teased by my family because I talk about my bowel movements all the time. After my deep herbal cleansing and being educated to have three bowel movements a day, I was also educated about how important they are! So I pay attention .

I don't see what the problem is either...it seems like everyone always goes to the bathroom to pee...thats what they always say...I've spend days in a row with friends and everytime they go to the bathroom they say they've gotta pee...well sometimes it takes longer than others which means they were obviously lying...they should just say nothing or just say what they're doing...its not like its something that should embarrass anyone...in fact they should be proud to do it because its a healthy process...people should say, "I'm excreting the waste my body has left after gaining all the usefull healthy nutrients from my food in order to spare my body if my digestive toxants"...pretty long I know but it sounds good to me

I have no problem talking about it in health talk, but you need to find mature enough people to have the conversation with. Sharing your knowledge of which herbal products work best (or good ol' fashioned sea salt water) can be great, especially because you feel a lot lighter or become full on less food, and optimizing your body, and everyone deserves to feel that.