Men in Kilts?

sirdle

Totally scottish-beardy medievil dirty kilts are awesome. I don't like the idea of this new arty farty 'fashion' crummy kilt. That defeats the whole point. That would be like having a harley davidson and wearing a pink helmet with bunny ears.

If a guy is wearing big boots, has a tunic on, gauntlets, has a stick which can also be turned into a sword, has a hammer on his back for making / breaking things, has a beard, and has a kilt on, then it's on, hardcore.

But if a guy is wearing a vest, and trainers (sneakers) with no socks, and has one glove on his left hand, and has yellow sunglasses (around his neck on a chain which he never uses) and he is clean-shaven, then in no way shape or form should he be wearing a kilt.

Edited by Richard

I couldn't agree more with Richard!!

Huge muscular barbarians with big hammers in kilts are awesome! (if not awe-inspiring!)

But i have to agree with CG also: To me, men in kilts are not sexy, whether rugged, smelly barbarians or shaven, fashionable yuppies

OMG, richard.

OK, so, since you asked for a woman's perspective, here's mine -

Some men make them sexy. I find them sexy if I believe that they are being worn as an independence/alternative statement. I don't like them to be bikerish but I would probably like them on someone with dreadlocks. I think I'd like plaid best. Plaid speaks to a level of sensi...what am I talking about???? I really don't know. Some kilts can look sexy. I wouldn't find it sexy at work, but I would be intrigued if I saw someone wearing on on the street and that person didn't look to be riding a harley or scottish.

This is a really odd question. I don't really know why I decided to answer this because I'm not making any sense.

Sometimes sexy. Sometimes not.

I hope I dont offend anybody with this, but since you asked me for my opinion, I dont find skirts/kilts on men sexy at all. Sorry if anybody out there has a kilt.

And I thought you liked mine!

http://sknydpr.com/images/kilt.jpg

I don't care what other people think, one way or the other. I wear it because it's comfortable.

(Good god, I'm glad I don't have a full beard anymore...)

I have always wanted a kilt. Now that I think about it, though, maybe I just always wanted the kind of body that would look good in a kilt .

I agree that some men can pull it off and some just look silly. Part of it has to do with the body type. If your waist is larger than your hips, stay out of a kilt! Richard's drawing was spot on, though. A kilt should speak about ruggedness. Bright colors don't do it for me. Super-narrow, pleated dress kilts don't do it, either. Boots, not tennis shoes. I think Sknydpr looks good is his. The bald head, the tatoo, a pierced ear? (I can't tell), wide belt, dark colors, and a mean, hungry look, bring it together. The watch has got to go, though. You should just know what time it is. And of course the t-shirt is way cool.

When I get to my ideal body weight, I am going to buy one. I can't figure out where I would wear it, though. Except to Scottish Highlands festivals...

Skyndpr and Richard, here is my favorite site for accessories. Whether you are looking for a battle axe, jewelry, footwear, gauntlets, a shirt, or a sgian dubh this site has it!

http://www.by-the-sword.com/acatalog/index.html

The bald head, the tatoo, a pierced ear? (I can't tell), wide belt, dark colors, and a mean, hungry look, bring it together. The watch has got to go, though. You should just know what time it is.

Sorry dude, I'm naked without my watch.

(Both ears, and lots of other things, but you didn't really wanna know that, did you? )