Who takes Vega?

robert

Your bonus pack was put in the mail today.

Thanks for the order. I went to Food Fight! today and almost all their Vega was gone! They were super pumped about the response. I gave them some bonus Vega too, since they are offering the 10% discount.

Community support is awesome! Thanks everyone.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of people have been recieving their packages so it will be out there anytime I sent it late yesterday, I think after the Post Office was closed so it probably didn't go out until today. I would think Friday or Saturday it will be in da house!

I agree! ALL the bars are terrific! And I like that they do not contain any soy (I already get so much of it!) It appears that Hemp protein may be the better way to go. And I like that Vega is mixing several raw plant-based proteins together.

I've got to order some now!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a slightly embarassing question. I have been taking the Vega for about 6 tubs now (four months +). I love how it makes me feel. I have energy, feel full for at least two hours, and am putting on the muscle! But my flatulence has gotten so bad that I've had to back off (at least they don't smell ). I am experimenting with new ways to take it: with food instead of all by itself, cutting back on the serving size while increasing the amount of servings. Any other suggestions?

Just ordered 1 large tub of natural, 1 of berry, after tasting the samples Robert sent with my T-Shirt.

It may *seem* expensive, but at about $3.80 a serving, if it saves me 15 minutes in the morning or after a workout, that is money earned. Besides, it tastes great, like real food, better than just a powder.

I also love Nutiva hemp protein and Jarrow rice protein. And lots of other products. These are a few of my favorite things....

-Joel

I have a slightly embarassing question. I have been taking the Vega for about 6 tubs now (four months +). I love how it makes me feel. I have energy, feel full for at least two hours, and am putting on the muscle! But my flatulence has gotten so bad that I've had to back off (at least they don't smell ). I am experimenting with new ways to take it: with food instead of all by itself, cutting back on the serving size while increasing the amount of servings. Any other suggestions?

This is something a few of my friends and I have noticed. Even though Vega has digestive enzymes and digests quickly, it does seem to produce a bit of gas. I'm not sure why. I'll be working with Brendan (the formulator) here in Portland in 3 weeks and I can ask him about it.

I just had a large glass of Chocolate Vega and a Chocolate Vega Bar after my shoulder workout.

Often, 'non-smelly' gas is produced by ingesting air: eating with one's mouth open, chewing gum, drinking through a straw, guzzling food down. The smelly stuff is caused by bacteria having a field day with stuff in the digestive tract.

Could you maybe be swallowing too much air?

I personally found that soy-protein-based smoothies were what was giving me extra gas, and when I changed to rice/pea and the vega, I didn't have the problem.

It's normal to pass a certain amount of gas (something around 13 times per day? also measurable in gallons, but I forget how many: 1-2), and John Robbins has said it can help prevent colon cancer (not so sure about that one myself).

If it's not smelly, then I assume it's the sound that's the problem? If so, try to relax rather than clench up and work against it.

(Oh, my, I'm giving FART ADVICE!)

I did find that the first time I had Vega powder it gave me some serious gas! I have had it couple of time since, and haven't had that problem. I don't know if it's related to what I had with it or not--first time I just had it in some juice but the other times I had a full smoothie with almond milk, banana, and blueberries.

I got my thank you package, Robert! Thanks! I appreciate the powder packets, as I was hoping to try the powder. I'll probably buy a canister from Food Fight when we are out there.

I've had gas before, but this 13 times a day is now by the hour. My family says they do smell, but not too bad . They just put up with me!

I've have been having bloating too but I am use to that with every protein powder that I have tried.

I read up on the maca and found out that some people can not tolerate it well, so maybe I am just one of those. Also someone warned me about the preformed vitamin A that is has in it, and the iron. I've had too much iron before, but my stools aren't black and no diarrhea, so that doesn't seem to be it. Anybody up on the palmitate for vitamin A?

I had no problem with vega "emissions..." Try taking an acidophillus/beneficial digestive bacteria supplement for a few weeks, that should do wonders. L. Reuteri is pretty awesome too.

I had some increase when I first started eating a lot of grains/legumes, but my body adjusted rather quickly. Good luck...

Yeah, good suggestion. There are a number of digestive enzymes that can be a good idea, especially when we're not careful about food combining.

Vega will have a natural detoxing or cleansing effect on the body. It is a green super food meal replacement, so it can be expected. In fact, it is even listed in the brochure that many people may experience that. Probably only raw food vegans with a diet rich in green super foods would not have any detoxing symptoms at first.

I think it effects each person differently but it is one of the healthiest products out there, period. It's all whole food based, just including the most beneficial foods and excluding other ones.

It's time to Thrive