Hello there! I'm new

CrystalIda

I hope that I'm welcome after admitting this. I am not a vegan, but I am in the process of whittling out meat from my diet. I've already completely stopped eating red meat and I am now aiming at removing chicken and eggs. I am training for a figure comp next year. I'm ridding my diet of meat for my health and for the enviornment, I've read about the horror that is the meat industry and don't want to contribute to what they're doing.

I hope I can participate in your discussions, even though I am not completely vegan.

Thanks!

Like Richard said, you'll find plenty of awesomeness. (I say this in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice since I don't actually have a clue what Richard sounds like - though I am sure it is very vegan and muscular )

Welcome to the board! I also came upon veganism gradually but with the opposite intentions - I became vegan for ethical reasons and only now am stumbling upon the incredible health benefits, as well!

Great to hear about your interest in fitness competitions. I'm also looking into that route once I become more familiar with intense weight training.

So, anyhoo, welcome!

Of course you are welcome! I applaud the first steps you have taken in your journey toward a more ethical, compassionate and healthy lifetsyle, and hope you find here the support, inspiration and information you need to seal your vegan fate!!!

It will be one of your most proudest accomplishments.

Peace

P.S. Thanks for caring about the animals and the environment!

Welcome CrystalIda,

I hope I can participate in your discussions, even though I am not completely vegan.

Well, they haven't kicked me out yet, so I suppose it's okay. I think the most important thing is to be honest, compassionate, and have an open mind... then all things are possible .

I am making progress toward veganism, one small step at a time. Some people can change their eating habits cold turkey (so to speak), but for me, I know if I try to change too many things in my life at once, I will fall flat on my face. Then my glasses would be broken and what was once so clear will have become murky and confusing...

Hey Crystal,

Welcome to the site. You'll make a lot of good friends here! I've made some awesome friends and I hope to meet them in person the Caribbean next year for a Vegan Fitness Team Vacation!

Check out all the sections of this forum and on the main site and you'll find tons of information and inspiration!

Have a great weekend!

-Robert